Tales from al\'s bar, a collection of stories

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

I was thinking about trying to put a book together of collected stories from different authors, please feel free to recommend any works, or if you've written any please feel free to give permission for the story to be put into the collection ( stories that do not have the authors permission will not be included).

stories that will be included must meet the following criteria:
1. Stories must take place within the Evochron universe.
2. major events must be in keeping with the universe as it stands ( for instance you'd not be allowed to kill Kirk or Spock in a star trek story).
3. characters, objects or events from other IP's should be avoided if possible ( so for instance if your story involves the U.S.S. Enterprise that would cause an issue, if possible Klingons and Romulans should be re-named )
4. As with this forum, reasonable language should be the goal, mild expletives or invented ones would be allowed.

My goal is to have a collected works to get printed up at lulu.com. Though I should have thought of this earlier, since its unlikely to be ready as Christmas( or other winter holiday type thing) presents :(
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
Dengar
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Dengar »

Mighty Verb

If you feel that I have written anything of use (and I am sure you will be hard pushed to find anything) please feel free to use it and amend any copyrighted names I may have used

\"Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of war\"

BA TeamSpeak Details
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

When ever I visit Al's Bar, and I do not even drink, some one shoves a fulcrum torpedo in to the Bar regardless of who else might be there! Must be some intoxicated trigger happy pilots that do not have a designated Weapons Ops. LOL :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

Originally posted by Dengar
If you feel that I have written anything of use (and I am sure you will be hard pushed to find anything) please feel free to use it and amend any copyrighted names I may have used
Couldn't find a story post by you, want to recommend one?
Sinbad
Commander
Commander

Post by Sinbad »

Really excellent idea Verb!

I think having stories or even a novel would really bring the Evochron Universe to life. It would be just great flying around some of the places where events you can read about occured!

I myself would like to write some such stories, although I don't know if I'd ever have the time to!

Universe Explorers Clan
[UE]Sinbad
Clan Leader

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. - Carl Sagan
ryuu
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ryuu »

i could have a go at writing a short story set in the evo uni...
the day has ended, the night is yet to come
light and darkness, opposite sides to the same coin, yet what may do not realize is that this coin holds a third side, a side not of either or the other, but of both, a side of twilight. when light and darkness destroy eachother, there is nothing left but twilight, yet aslong as one or the other exists twilight exists within it, that is both the power and weakness of twilight. i am Ryuu Hakumei, The twilight Dragon. The Dusk Has Come

part three of The Fire of Twilight now posted! http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5546
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

;) I suggest you steer clear of using other players' names, though ... unless he/she/it/they decide to participate. At which time, turn-about is fair play and all bets are off.
Nigel_Strange
Captain
Captain

Post by Nigel_Strange »

You can use my stories, Verb, as long as I get cited as author.

Reminds me that I have some unfinished storytelling to do. Unfortunately, life has not been conducive to writing lately. I'm afraid I have been abandoned by my muse for the time being.
ryuu
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ryuu »

i never use peoples names unless i am writing ABOUT someone who knows them, and that is rare
light and darkness, opposite sides to the same coin, yet what may do not realize is that this coin holds a third side, a side not of either or the other, but of both, a side of twilight. when light and darkness destroy eachother, there is nothing left but twilight, yet aslong as one or the other exists twilight exists within it, that is both the power and weakness of twilight. i am Ryuu Hakumei, The twilight Dragon. The Dusk Has Come

part three of The Fire of Twilight now posted! http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5546
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

Originally posted by Marvin
;) I suggest you steer clear of using other players' names, though ... unless he/she/it/they decide to participate. At which time, turn-about is fair play and all bets are off.
I had decided to cross that bridge once some stories had been put together, it's easier to ask for permission to a few users who's names are already in the stories, and remove/change them if that permission is not gained.
Dengar
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Dengar »

Mighty Verb

Sorry mis read the post with my one good eye!!!

If any of my anecdotes, quips and general high quality wit are of any use to you, even as a bridge between stories, please feel free to use them.

BA TeamSpeak Details
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Off hand, I can think of only one difficulty (re. earlier remarks on using other players' names). When someone decides to participate, he/she/it/etc. might decide to post only part of a story ... with intentions of taking his/her/its/etc. avatar in a specific direction later, in parts two thru two thousand.

:o All that goes out the window if some writers decide to include the other contributor's avatar in their own stories. You could end up with a whole lot of "alternate realities" ... fun to read but ... sometimes more fun to (what's the word?) ... reconcile.

So, on second thought, sounds like a good idea to me. ;) Press on.
ryuu
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ryuu »

or if everone who uses another persons avatar asks them what directions they are taking that character in, they could then keep within those guidelines, stopping having the nasty buisniss of alternate timelines

Nigel_Strange
Captain
Captain

Post by Nigel_Strange »

I gathered from the title that these are supposed to be "tales from Al's Bar," meaning that they don't all have to be cannonical, but stories you might hear in a bar. Such stories often have little relation to the truth, I gather.

"So, there I was staring into a black hole, and then, you know what happened next?"
"What?"
"I got sucked in and died!"
"Whoa."
"So, let that be a lesson to you..."
ryuu
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ryuu »

i saw something @ the center of a black hole a while ago... dunno what it was, i flew in closer and realised i was @ nearly 2k gs

Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Post by Ravenfeeder »

Last time I was in Als' bar, well sloshed - just back from a mil mission with my Avenger leaking like a Sargasso cactus that had been riddled with .45 hollow points, IO met this geezer with a pointy head like a sharpened pencil.

He//she/it's offering me 2bn to destroy a Vonari planet, and, bring back photo evidence. I'm thinking: "Why the hell not"! But, I managed to negotiate fuel charges as well. See, I wasn't as ploshed as you drunk I was! Just to be sure I wrote down his instructions on a beer mat that a beastie with rose buses growing out his nose was using. Mind, it might not have been rose bushes - I'm not all that into hoticu... erem.. argi... natural growing things - who cares.

Next morning, when I recovered consciousness - woke up, with a beer mat stuck to my face - I read the beer mat - "Ach, no probemlo".

Fuel up, auto pilot on, and off we go.

When I get to the location the darn planet has already been wiped out. Sod it! Anyway, it's deaded. So, take some pics anyway - hell, the punter doesn't know that it's deaded.

Punch in the co-ords for Als' Bar, and get me head down. Woke up to the "approaching station alarm". Dock and stagger/walk off to Als' Bar pick up my 2bn, plus fuel expenses.

There's a big monsoon ditch, just next to Als' Bar, and in it are four geezers being swept along - I give them a sorta friendly wave. They all start screeching that they are world politicians; one says that he's Tony Blair, another that he's George Bush, another that he's Dick Cheney, and the last that he's Paul Wolfowitz -never heard of them and I'm sure that our beloved leader, Cheops, told us to kill politicians on sight.

Still, I'm in a good mood, got 2bn to pick up, plus fuel expenses. I can see a bend in the monsoon ditch, just about half a mile down, with a ladder down the side of it - I reckon that if I dive in I can save one of them, but, which one.

I decide to carry on to Als' Bar, get my 2bn, plus fuel expenses, and shout "the drinks are on me lads" and have a good think about it.
Image And mad cat
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Post by BraveHart »

Feel free to use my clone reports Verb, they start in Al's Bar :D
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Post by Ravenfeeder »

Nice to see you on the forum mate, was getting a tad worried about you.
Image And mad cat
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Originally posted by BraveHart
Feel free to use my clone reports Verb, they start in Al's Bar :D
Hehehe. Good to see your still around Bravehart. LOL :P:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Originally posted by Ravenfeeder

He//she/it's offering me ....
:P You couldn't tell? :cool:
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

He was to intoxicated. LOL :P:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Post by Ravenfeeder »

Originally posted by Marvin
Originally posted by Ravenfeeder

He//she/it's offering me ....
:P You couldn't tell? :cool:
Too many bits and pieces to be sure what was what.
Image And mad cat
Dengar
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Dengar »

Mr Hart, so good to see you around.

When will you be up at atttem again? You may need to practice a bit first though.

BA TeamSpeak Details
warsign
Captain
Captain

Post by warsign »

Good to see you Brave!

Good idea Verbosity...

[Edited on 12-11-2009 by warsign]
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

ok first couple of suggestions:
http://starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4928 ( Operation Outreach, a nigel strange 'Captain Devious' story )
http://starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3863 ( one of my own - "Unknown Foe" )

Again feel free to submit a story you've written or liked :)
I do like the idea of having 'preude' pages with forum quotes from some users, as well as excerpts from ramis evoclopedia