instant disconection from b5 server

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
ryuu
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ryuu »

i have tried 3 times to connect to the b5 server, each time, the game loads up, shows my cockpit, says something to the effect of disconnected in the top left hand corner and then asks me if i want to save before quitting. i'm running v 1.15 and the offline game works fine
the day has ended, the night is yet to come
light and darkness, opposite sides to the same coin, yet what may do not realize is that this coin holds a third side, a side not of either or the other, but of both, a side of twilight. when light and darkness destroy eachother, there is nothing left but twilight, yet aslong as one or the other exists twilight exists within it, that is both the power and weakness of twilight. i am Ryuu Hakumei, The twilight Dragon. The Dusk Has Come

part three of The Fire of Twilight now posted! http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5546
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

it might be that your version might be a bitty too old, try the download in this link:
http://starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5416
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

I think 1.58 is the minimum needed for MP.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

To successfully connect, the following conditions need to apply:

- Valid pilot profile (not edited or hacked).
- Unaltered universe data file.
- Valid registered copy of the game.
- Unaltered client binary (including the correct version, currently 1.158 or newer).
- No firewalls blocking the connection.
- Your internet connection needs to be at least 128K, and do not use it for anything else while you are in the game (ie downloading, streaming, etc).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
ryuu
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ryuu »

well i normally have the forums and msn open while i'm playing, so i'll try quitting them and get back to you
light and darkness, opposite sides to the same coin, yet what may do not realize is that this coin holds a third side, a side not of either or the other, but of both, a side of twilight. when light and darkness destroy eachother, there is nothing left but twilight, yet aslong as one or the other exists twilight exists within it, that is both the power and weakness of twilight. i am Ryuu Hakumei, The twilight Dragon. The Dusk Has Come

part three of The Fire of Twilight now posted! http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5546
ryuu
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ryuu »

tried creating a new pilot & stopping all aplications with internet acces, no luck, so i ran a speed test to find some verry worrying results Image & Image this is worryingly slow, it shouldn't be this bad, guess it's a problem my end thogh, tink it's about time to ditch my isp

[Edited on 11-16-2009 by ryuu]

Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Wow, that's pretty bad. 214 ping with the other results could indicate a line quality problem, which would make it difficult for you to stay connected in a multiplayer game. While not quite as bad as satellite internet, that appears low enough to cause connection issues. Might be line quality, but also check to make sure someone isn't tapping into your connection remotely and using up your line (so there's no chatter going on with your internet connection when you're not doing anything).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Make sure some little criters like mice have not chewed up your internet connection wires. It happened to me!
LOL :P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
ryuu
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ryuu »

hehe, i think it may be throttling, my mum get's rthe web free with her mobile phn contract from orange...

IckleChesh
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by IckleChesh »

Hi ryuu. I notice you are on C&W. Are you using cable broadband or ADSL over phone lines?

IC
They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
PingBosun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by PingBosun »

As a C&W customer I would think its ADSL. I believe ntl: took all the cabled customers when they split up, although C&W still used the core network, and BT tails.

If you can get on to cable. It is far superior to ADSL.

But I am sure there will be somebody who will disagree - there always is!!!!
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

Originally posted by PingBosun
As a C&W customer I would think its ADSL. I believe ntl: took all the cabled customers when they split up, although C&W still used the core network, and BT tails.
Yup, he's now a virgin media customer, I'd recommend a call to them since the stats below are far below the basic package they offer, plus as a rule pings ( even on the oldest cables) should be lower that that, there are several possible reasons for this ( old filters still in place, your package not being renewed). you might find that you can get a much better package ( and possibly pay less). The only instance I've seen of this sort of thing is a shared connection with someone torrenting ( in the case of 'student' networks, bedsits etc)
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
DennyMala
Captain
Captain

Post by DennyMala »

Am I the only one that seing the posts on the forum and the version number thinks ryuu is playing renegades and not legends?

You'll never connect to B5 server with renegade....it's a legends server.
Best regards

[IM] DennyMala
Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Post by Ravenfeeder »

I've seeb Ryuu on B5 playing Legends!
Image And mad cat
warsign
Captain
Captain

Post by warsign »

LOL!
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Originally posted by DennyMala
Am I the only one that seing the posts on the forum and the version number thinks ryuu is playing renegades and not legends?

You'll never connect to B5 server with renegade....it's a legends server.
Renegades last version is 1.988 I believe.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

I'm pretty sure ryuu is talking about B5/Legends. I have seen him trying to join myself.
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
ryuu
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ryuu »

lol, i just mised the last digit off the v. no... (oh and btw, i'm not on cable & wireless, i'm with orange, uk lol)

Dengar
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Dengar »

Oh well there you have it!!!

So I sugegst you don't call VM, but try Orange instead!!

Hope it all works out in the end.

\"Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of war\"

BA TeamSpeak Details
Splinter
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Splinter »

hey i know this is a bit of an old post but ive read through it and i saw the ping and jtter that ryuu got, when i did the test first time i got the same results but when i tried it again it said i had a ping of 70ms and jitter was 18ms. i have down the test sevral time now and the result is pritty much the same but i still get instant disconection.

p.s. sorry about any spelling mistakes.:D
ryuu
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ryuu »

i think it's computer related not web conection as i dced a lot when i tried at mah dad's

Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

A web connection is computer related or related to a computer, anyway you look at it they are relatives.......sorry could not help myself, it was time for some pressure relief........LOL...:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

ryuu
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ryuu »

i mean it's not affected by your connection to the internet, but by the actual hardware/software installed upon your computer

Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Ah, OK, much clearer...LOL...:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Splinter
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Splinter »

that might be it. ive just figured out how to check the graphics card (intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller). i understand that this is quite a crapy card, but it plays all of my other online games fine (¬_¬ exept warrock....stupid piece of crap!!). so im still really confused lol.