problem with starting EL v1.108

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Ramireus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ramireus »

Hello everyone,
I tried your demo few week ago and few days ago (because of impulse sales) I bought it. I got alphanumerical (ID;key) from stardock impulse, I entered it into the game and then game crashed.
I tried to launch the game, but it kept crashing. I tried to reinstall (removing folder C:/sw3dg/ after uninstall) and enter ID and key again (I checked it twice, I entered it exactly as I got it from Impulse). Game kept crashing. Another reinstall-and I started demo, it started with no problem. Then, not to repeat myself, I tried over and over again-even removing all evochron keys from register (with regedit).
I also tried to download game version not from Impulse, but it got even worse-now I can´t start even demo...
Well, what should I do?

My system specs sholudn´t be problem:
phenom X4 2.2GHz
ATI Radeon 4870 512 MB GDR5
4GB RAM
windows XP
all drivers updated about a month ago.
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello Ramireus, stand by help will arrive soon. Welcome to the forum and eventually the Sim. Hope to see you on line when you are up and running.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Ramireus, Welcome to the Forum! Are you sure the game crashed the first time? It ussually takes a couple of minutes to start the game after inserting the Key! Also make sure you run the real game not the demo in 32bit display resolution and try different display resolutions. Your display resolution settings might be wrong to start up the game but might be fine for the Demo! Other then that Vice should be able to give you more advice!;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Could be a background program interfering with resources the game needs (preventing the updating to various data files needed for the full game) or after updating your drivers, your display defaulted to 16-bit.

- Make sure you're not running something like Spyware Doctor or Norton A/V in the background. Use alternatives mentioned in the stickied thread in this forum if needed.

- Verify your desktop is set to 32-bit color depth.

When it crashes, does it go straight to the desktop or is an error message displayed?
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Ramireus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ramireus »

thank you very much:) as usuall, most simple is most usefull-I checked my colour depth and it was 16-bit, after switching it to 32-bit, everything is O.K.
Thank you again.
P.S. after some training I wil gladly join some MP chalenges:)
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Post by BraveHart »

Welcome aboard Ramireus.....looking forward to seeing online in MP.

"Good Flying" ;)
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"