Deadzone only set from in game?

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Another question I have is: Do Server operators have a way to tweak global overal controller settings?

I think I had less spinning and drifting problems on Main Server then on Babylon 5 Server. But ofcourse I can not judge this fairly since I'm mostly on the Babylon 5 Server. But the Occasions that I have been on the Main Server I seem to have less problems.....can any one else confirm a similar finding?

What about if Server operators also are using a Saitek Controller stick at the same time as you? Can that cause interference and confusion when internet connection fluctuations occur in the Saitek's controller settings....?

[Edited on 1-23-2010 by Maarschalk]
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Another question I have is: Do Server operators have a way to tweak global overal controller settings?
Nope, everything is handled client-side for that. Intermittent control issues are not entirely uncommon though, especially with 'potentiometer' based devices (HAL's are used on the X52, but its 'roll'/twist control still uses a traditional potentiometer and is known to degrade over time, resulting in centering issues and twitchy input... cleaning can often help temporarily).

[Edited on 1-6-2010 by Vice]
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Thanks for the info Vice.....;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Accountant
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Accountant »

@Vice
I will try and find some video software to record the ingame and Saitek controller bars. Hopefully I will have it done in a few days.

-Accountant
Enforcing GAAP in the outer systems since 2407.

Callsigns: [CPA]Accountant and Dark Helmet
Mods: EL Observation Cockpit | Dragonfly | Swallow | ER/EL Hud Mod | Sphere and Sphere Cockpit
Accountant
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Accountant »

Well, that took me long enough. Below is a link to a zip file containing a movie of my problem and pictures of the joystick axis at 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%. For some reason Fraps refused to capture the game controllers dialog from Control Panel while EL was running. That is why I had to take pictures.

Link

-Accountant

Mods: EL Observation Cockpit | Dragonfly | Swallow | ER/EL Hud Mod | Sphere and Sphere Cockpit
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Vice, is it possible that if Server operators use a Saitek controller stick or keyboard that, that can cause input interference with players using Saitek controllers who are connected to that Server through the internet ?
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Well, that took me long enough. Below is a link to a zip file containing a movie of my problem and pictures of the joystick axis at 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%. For some reason Fraps refused to capture the game controllers dialog from Control Panel while EL was running. That is why I had to take pictures.
Configuration menu looks good in EL and the Saitek control panel. It's as though the load of the game is impacting how the device is being handled. Just as something else to try, make sure to download build 1.192 which has some control input changes. Then try various deadzone settings and see if/how it impacts the problems.
Vice, is it possible that if Server operators use a Saitek controller stick or keyboard that, that can cause input interference with players using Saitek controllers who are connected to that Server through the internet ?
Not possible at all that I know of. Could be something related to a device conflict though on your local system (that is somehow triggered when multiplayer is active).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Accountant
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Accountant »

V1.192 didn't improve the situation any. To stop the rolling I have to change the in-game deadzone from 0 to 1. Unfortunately, doing so creates too much of a deadzone and makes using the joystick a hindrance. Changing the deadzone from control panel has no effect on the rolling whatsoever.

-Accountant