THE ENCOUNTER

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
BENERICK
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

THE ENCOUNTER

Post by BENERICK »

I never tried my hand at writing but I hope you all enjoy the 1st part of this story. and please give opinions it a work in progress thanks

[Edited on 8-8-2009 by BENERICK]
AKA [SD] SolarWing
Leader of Blitzturm Squadron
Second in Command of SD Clan
BENERICK
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

THE ENCOUNTER

Post by BENERICK »

THE ENCOUNTER

Hmm a buzzing constant and irritating sounds out. "Hmmm groan wha? Oh" (hits the off button).

"Time to wake already, geez feels like I didn't sleep at all". He looks around the room and takes in the small living space

they have to live in for another two months. He is being reassigned back to Sol sector and he can't wait to head to Earth for a little

R&R. As he starts to take off the sheets, he bumps into his wife. She still sleeps even after the alarm went off. "She can sleep though

a Vonarian missile party" (Smiling as he lovingly caresses her arm) He gets out of bed and heads to the mini crib at the foot of their bed

to check on his little insomnia inducer. "Almost a year already huh pal" as he moves some of the curls off the babies brow "funny they

say a baby changes things but no one mentions the midnight feedings and the stinky diapers hehe". "Well time to get ready for my morning patrol".

He heads to the small locker that's provided to all the living quarters assigned to the men and women in the military and gets his flight suit.

He quietly leaves their sleeping space and heads to the community bath to wash away the nightly sweat and to shave the stubble that grew in

over night. "Hey Nick hows the family" a voice calls out. Nick turns to look at who called out to him even though he knows the voice.

"hey James what's going on this morning and my fams doing great! " that's good to hear old man" James calls out just as an alarm and voice breaks

in on the morning chatting. " Six unknown ships on approach vector all pilots to their ships" "Hmmm it never ends does it, oh well so much for

the shower" Nick quickly gets into his flight suit and heads to the launch bays. On the way he bumps into his wife Maria. She just dropped

little Benny off at childcare. "Hey there gorgeous" giving her a quick embrace and kiss. Maria was awakened by the announcement and was on her

way to her work station. "Ill see you when you get back ok honey" as Maria breaks away and heads off in the direction of the coms center.

Nick continues on his way at a controlled run. As Nick approaches his fighter he gets a quick breif from his CO. "We have six incoming craft we

don't know what there intentions are, so make contact but be ready in case they are hostile, engage if fired upon." Nick responds "Yes sir"

he turns to his squad mates and yells out " lock and load people we have a job to do and I want you all to be ready for anything understood!!"

as one "YES SIR" Nick climbs into his fighter and hits the com switch "this is Solarian Squadron ready for take off" the techs on the launch

pad running about preparing the second flight group, in case Solarian needs the backup. From the helmet speakers" permission granted DH god

speed and good hunting" Nick recognizes the voice right away, he married her 10 years ago after all. Nick smiles "thanks love" he whispers to

himself. Always a good omen when she is on the horn. "Roger that" he opens a channel to his wing of Wraith class fighters. "Formation delta go

full burn and switch to inertial, save the fuel on case of a fight." His squadron is the most decorated in the sector. Most of the pilots on

his fighter group have family on the station. It's there job to defend it till all the construction is completed. The largest science station

since Babylon 5 went active. This project started almost eleven years ago and still has two years before all the defenses are at 100 percent

and active. "Alright people watch the scope they should be appearing any moment" Nick announces over the com. "Winglead we have contact heading

two nine six" Jill the flight groups navigation and communications officer calls out over the com, Nick responds with "Alright Solarians lets

see if they want a steak or a fight, Jill will you please ask our guests what their intentions are" (Jill) " Yes sir, This is flight group Solarian

we would like to make your aquaintence please state your intentions. Umm sir this... Can't be right." what is it Jill what's wrong???" Nick asks

her "Im getting a strange signal can't ... The translater is not able to make hide nor hair out of it!!!" " Relay the the transmission back

to the station maybe they can decipher it." Jill switches her com relay to a tight microwave burst aimed at the new station. (Jill) SIR!!!

I have what looks like a text message I'll send it to your computer." the message appears on Nicks screen "01010101 010101 11001000111" and

repeats the same message." "Well I have a baaadd feeling about all this." Nick mutters under his breath. "Ok people power up all weapons

and shields to maximum this may get ugly." As they get closer they get the first look at the incoming craft. All pilots as one whisper

"OH MY GOD!!!!"
AKA [SD] SolarWing
Leader of Blitzturm Squadron
Second in Command of SD Clan
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

THE ENCOUNTER

Post by Maarschalk »

Very nice, not as good as Nigel_Strange's story writings skills thou, but still good clear to follow and entertaining to read more like a comic book style of script! I like it!:cool::cool::cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Spartan992
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

THE ENCOUNTER

Post by Spartan992 »

Very good and active writing, needs a bit of structure and paragrphs though for easy reading.

:thumbs up:
Blitzsturm squadron wingman