Clouds question...

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Earl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Clouds question...

Post by Earl »

Was trying out a new city, a solar farm, which I was thinking needed a planet with no clouds. The only really good suitable planet that had no clouds according to the universe file is Mars, so I headed out....
My question is, why does it still have clouds? Is that feature broken? Also, is there an option to have a planet with absolutely no atmosphere? No haze or clouds, totally barren like a moon but still with the cities?

Also...
I'm thinking of creating a custom star system to go along with this project, and I'm curious to know: Are the Vonari hard coded into the areas, or can a value in the universe file can allow there to be Vonari activity in an area?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Clouds question...

Post by Vice »

The cloud value specifies the visual cloud layer from orbit and also the atmosphere cloud effect. With it off, the layer is not rendered and you shouldn't encounter clouds while in the atmosphere. If that isn't working, there may be a bug that needs fixed.

The only way to render an atmospherically barren 'planetoid' is to use the moon option, but then the city system won't work with it. If you just wanted a visual city, you could use the moon system (including custom texture), then use the scenery system to place a custom city on the surface.

[Edited on 7-29-2009 by Vice]
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Earl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Clouds question...

Post by Earl »

Whoa, super fast response, thanks!

Scenery option sounds good, didn't think of that.