Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Alpha 7
Ensign
Ensign

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by Alpha 7 »

What if you made a mod of this game or expansion that is a direct battle between two sides? You could call it like "Battle Tide" or something ya know? And give it a little strategy? Please just bare with me on this. I was just out mining and it came to me.

Two sides separated by lets say 2, to 3 jump gates. That gives them space to breath and battle. The Object of the game is to destroy the other players Military Carrier and then decent to the planet and destroy the base or some kind of node. So that would give each team 2 spawn points. 1 planet side and one in space. So blah blah blah you think ohh you just duke it out and destroy that other team and what not right? well what if you changed it up a little? And here is where the strategy comes into play for the most part. There will be a starbase or mining base on each teams planet/space. In the middle of the map there will be a large astriod field. not only to provide cover for dog fights or hiding but they are actually useful :) From the mining bases you can choose to be a Miner or maybe a transporter. (keep in mind there will be a small astiod field in your own space but it will lets say take more time to get minerals or not have all the good stuff or right stuff you need for more advanced things) The Miner will then mine the astriods and bring the mined minerals back to base. They will go back and forth doing that and it will build up a pool of resources or be separated to each player. What the resources are for are upgrades for the ships (shields, weapons, equipment) but also the Miner has the ability to repare damaged ships and to build defense structures like maybe Mines or say like Turrets of some kind.

Anyway that's my idea please look at it and expand upon it. Everything starts someplace.

-Alpha 7-
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Alpha 7, Welcome to the Game and Forum! Interesting Game scenario!;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello Alpha 7, welcome to the forum and the Sim. Wow, your idea sounds like a whole new game. :)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Alpha 7
Ensign
Ensign

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by Alpha 7 »

thank you :) and thanks, I figure you might even be able to just bare off a certain part of the game that already exists and not even have to worry about creating a whole new system for it. Just add things to it. Also if this was created I would love to know if anyone would play it or pay a like 10 onetime fee for it if it was to be an expansion. I know I would.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by Maarschalk »

Might be inpractical, you would have to have members of each team constantly monitoring their side! so not to be destroyed completely!:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Alpha 7
Ensign
Ensign

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by Alpha 7 »

what if you could build AI controlled drones? you know like 4 metal and 3 platinum to build a drone. different materials, different drones, different combination's.
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by verbosity »

I love it as a concept!
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by BraveHart »

Good to see you in the Forum Alpha7....Interesting concept ;)
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

Alpha 7
Ensign
Ensign

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by Alpha 7 »

does anyone have any new input for it? like changes or additions to the idea?
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by Marvin »

If you need to blow something up besides an asteroid ... you'll need to put the idea on a back burner. Currently, no other destructable, immobile object can be scripted (placed in a designated location).
Alpha 7
Ensign
Ensign

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by Alpha 7 »

darn... i really liked this idea, I hope the creators at least look at it. Any ideas on how to maybe make it work? maybe mod an asteroid?
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by Marvin »

You can put stuff inside an asteroid. And the option exists, in scripting, to re-texture an asteroid. But I think the mesh is hard coded. In any case, the option to blow things up really has two requirements:
  • 1. Define the object.
    2. Flag the object as either "exists" or "not exists" (meaning, it's been blown up).
Once Vice has cleared a few other "honey-do" projects from his plate, maybe he'll reconsider the above.
Alpha 7
Ensign
Ensign

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by Alpha 7 »

well I noticed that people do like PVP and this would bring a way of working that out for everyone to sort of enjoy. I love to mine and stuff like that so there is some of that for me, as well as for people who just like to blow others up lol
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by verbosity »

Originally posted by Alpha 7
does anyone have any new input for it? like changes or additions to the idea?
Yeah I've been working on a dynamic MP universe as it goes, and a concept like this really adds some idea's, though i need to get what I'm doing already done before i can think of new possibilities
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
Alpha 7
Ensign
Ensign

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by Alpha 7 »

a little off topic but in this mod or expansion or even to the current game. If you were able to take the minerals and use them to make missiles for your ship, that would add a lot of fun to mining for me.

if you could take mining and evolve it onto its own like the missiles idea or other items like that. I think it would really add to the games "fun" value

So far all I have encounter was making "Probes"
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Constructor stations can turn some "raw" materials into finished products. Try hauling stuff you've mined to a constuct and see what you can get in return.
Alpha 7
Ensign
Ensign

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by Alpha 7 »

thank you for that advice :) I am sure they can turn "some raw" things into other finished things. But is there combination's like I mentioned above.

say to create a missile you need 3 Platinum, 2 Electronic equipment and 4 metal. Bring a bit more diversity to the process I guess. Instead of just transporting the items.

I hope that my ideas at least don't go unheard
Daedalao
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by Daedalao »

I wonder if there is a way to increase the shield/weapons power of one of the already existing capital ship. Or perhaps turn off it's ability to maneuver (IE remove it's fulcrum jump drive).

This could be the way to pull something like this off. But it would require some hefty AI changes/modability.
Alpha 7
Ensign
Ensign

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by Alpha 7 »

that's not a bad idea. and then perhaps have the spawn point just right above or below that ship. Maybe you just "jump in" and then once its destroyed that option to "jump in" is no longer there and you start off on the planet. I know this is easy to talk about and come up with ideas. The real work is in trying to make it happen. I currently don't have any skills in the area aside from some photoshop knowledge. but who now a days doesn't know photoshop or something like it lol thank you everyone for posting so far :) i hope to hear more of what everyone has to say.
SVB
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by SVB »

Hmm I have this stuff in my head all the time

And then I write a 50 paragraph page..

And nobody gives a...
Ship Status
AHF Avenger Class Fighter
Fully upgraded

Faction Status
Alliance: Allied
Federation: Friendly
Richton: NAP
Vonari: War

Ranks:
ImageImageImage Lieutenant Commander of the Alliance
Image Founder of the Old «Empire of SVB»
Image Emperor of the New «Empire of SVB»
Spartan992
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by Spartan992 »

That's why SVB! 50 paragraphs aren't UBER! But most of your ideas look good...
Blitzsturm squadron wingman
Alpha 7
Ensign
Ensign

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by Alpha 7 »

well thank you for stopping by and taking time to look at my idea :)
Spartan992
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by Spartan992 »

Your idea is pretty awesome and in the spirit of a pure combat situation, combining a strategy element in all of that, although the mining recources and getting upgrades is not very useful because most of the players already have their ships in tip top shape (don't look at me:P) but the healing and the constructing part of a miner (or engineer named better) is very original and feasible as far as I know (and I don't know much).
I would play it night and day...:)
Blitzsturm squadron wingman
Alpha 7
Ensign
Ensign

Idea for a Mod/Expansion

Post by Alpha 7 »

your right I think, the miner should be changed to "engineer" or something else of the kind. well what would happen if you had pre made ships? or, it striped the ship you have so that it has "stock" parts. BUT! only when you were playing the battle. and each time the game ended it would reset the parts and start over? just throwing out ideas.