All inputs bog down

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Karmasaur
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

All inputs bog down

Post by Karmasaur »

I cant see anyone else posted on this, so I wonder if I am the only one suffering from it.

Sometimes, but not all the time, after I play for an hour or so, I start getting laggy responses from inputs. This is from the mouse, the Saitek X-52 joysticks, and the keyboard (logiteks gamers keyboard G15).

After a couple minutes of lag, then things start to go unresponsive, and quickly. It gets so bad, that I cant even navigate to close the game (only app running). I have had to kill my machine the brutal way, just to shut it off. Happens in multiplayer and offline.

Any ideas?
-K
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

All inputs bog down

Post by BraveHart »

I have had lagging in MP when another player was using a dial-up connection and if the firewalls were blocking access until I allowed access. Never had it lag up during SP, do you have any back ground tasks running? Vice will be here soon and can help......
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

Karmasaur
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

All inputs bog down

Post by Karmasaur »

Originally posted by BraveHart
do you have any back ground tasks running?
I make a point of shutting everything off that I can. Anything running, is going to be part of my XP pro.
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

All inputs bog down

Post by MMaggio »

We spoke of this before, but I want to ask, if you plugged the Saitex directly into the PC as I suggested?
If that didn't solve the problem, I suggest removing the Saitek altogether and try the game again with just K & M and see if it still is unresponsive to input.
Give it a try and let us know what happens.
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
warsign
Captain
Captain

All inputs bog down

Post by warsign »

I had lived same problem due to my keyboard. One key had hold down itself electronically, caused "short circuit" and effected all peripheral units like joystick, mouse and even drawing pad!
I suggest you to try all by seperated as well.
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

All inputs bog down

Post by MMaggio »

Good idea Warsign. If there is a lag in input it is most always caused by low power to the input. The Saitek "X" series controllers need a lot of power for all those lights and do not work well with added extensions.
[There is a way, but that's for a later discussion]
If he disconnects the controller and still has lag, then there may be something wrong with the i/o board.
The fact that it works fine at first and decays after time, suggests a problem with the i/o board, or something is wrong with the power supply. He should make sure the fan and power supply is clean also. If it was the controller, lag would be instant.
Hope you read this as well, Karma.
Karmasaur
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

All inputs bog down

Post by Karmasaur »

well, now Ive tried all that stuff (except cleaning the dust. Will do that one day soon-that is a huge bother on my cabinet). Still happening. I opened notepad to see if there was a key sticking. Nothing showed up. Whatever it is, it only seems to happen in Legends. Since I am apparently the only one who suffers this strange malady, I will let it go. It doesnt happen every time I play. Im getting in the habit of rebooting, every time the symptoms start. So MM, if you see me leave MP without saying goodbye, that is why. I probably just pulled the plug.

Thank you for the inputs folks.
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

All inputs bog down

Post by MMaggio »

I am sorry for your dilema, but since it only happens after time and not every time, my feeling is that there is something wrong internally with your PC. Something is getting hot and failing. Turning it off and on again just lets it cool or reset.
I know the X52 draws a lot of power as I said, for all the lights and display. The keyboard too will be more active while playing a game as well and it is this increased demand for power that's causing something to fail inside the PC. Start with the power supply and check for loose connections. I assure you it is NOT the controller itself.
Best of luck...
verbosity
Captain
Captain

All inputs bog down

Post by verbosity »

Originally posted by Karmasaur
well, now Ive tried all that stuff (except cleaning the dust. Will do that one day soon-that is a huge bother on my cabinet). Still happening. I opened notepad to see if there was a key sticking.

I've been finding similar issues with other games, my keyboard just refuses to respond with most key presses ( the windows key, tild, and esc still work though ), its wierd and annoying..............
(I suspect the app that goes with this keyboard, its got lots of funky keys, and every time I do a :) windows media player pops up )

[Edited on 7-15-2009 by verbosity]
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies