[EL] Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D [USB] Joystick

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
JamesJB
Ensign
Ensign

Post by JamesJB »

Hi all long time no talk lol.

In the latest version of Evochron Legends for some reason it doesn't detect my joystick and it wont calibrate correctly using the in game calibration. Even if i calibrate it using windows the game still doesn't see my joystick right. it sees it as Device 1 in game. Also in the latest version of the game for some reason the roll axis uses 4 AND 7 wich is weird casue ya can only use 1 for the roll axsis.

Now in version 1.028 it sees the joystick correctly and calibrates perfectly.

Please help :(

I got the game from Gamersgate just in case your wondering.

My system specs are in my sig.

Edit: Added more descriptive subject title.

[Edited on 6-7-2009 by JamesJB]

[Edited on 7-18-2009 by Vice]
System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel - Core i7-4790K 4 GHz Quad-Core Processor
G.Skill - Trident X 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
EVGA - GeForce GTX 970 4 GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card
HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor
HD 1: Crucial - BX100 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
HD 2: Seagate - Barracuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM
MSI - Z97A GAMING 6 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Can you explain the problem in more detail? What do you mean it won't calibrate correctly?

Yes, some controls will return multiple signals on two different axis channels and that is normal (the instructions provide information on using multiple sets of input channels). This is because the new control system supports alternate control inputs, which with some devices, results in one input providing two channel signals. You can select either one for the control, one may provide a more precise value range and/or a better deadzone/central input.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
JamesJB
Ensign
Ensign

Post by JamesJB »

Originally posted by Vice
Can you explain the problem in more detail? What do you mean it won't calibrate correctly?

Yes, some controls will return multiple signals on two different axis channels and that is normal (the instructions provide information on using multiple sets of input channels). This is because the new control system supports alternate control inputs, which with some devices, results in one input providing two channel signals. You can select either one for the control, one may provide a more precise value range and/or a better deadzone/central input.
When i try to calibrate in game and then when i go in to the game and without touching the stick it will either move left to right or up and down and spin. No matter how i try to calibrate it,it refuses to comply :( , its hard to explain without you being here to see it :(

[Edited on 6-7-2009 by JamesJB]
System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

That is a common result with the new control system, which uses a much more sensitive input structure than the previous system. The new system reacts very precisely to input, so devices that are not exact in their tolerances will not provide exact center inputs. The easiest way to resolve this is to simply bump up the Joystick Deadzone setting in the Options menu to 1 or 2 (depending on how lose the device is with its center tolerances). 1 or 2 usually adapts to most devices that use potentiometers. The new builds of the game default to 1 now with a fresh install, but if you upgrade from an older build, it uses your previous settings, which by default was 0. Once you change it to 1 or 2, you should find it adapts better to that controller.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
JamesJB
Ensign
Ensign

Post by JamesJB »

Originally posted by Vice
That is a common result with the new control system, which uses a much more sensitive input structure than the previous system. The new system reacts very precisely to input, so devices that are not exact in their tolerances will not provide exact center inputs. The easiest way to resolve this is to simply bump up the Joystick Deadzone setting in the Options menu to 1 or 2 (depending on how lose the device is with its center tolerances). 1 or 2 usually adapts to most devices that use potentiometers. The new builds of the game default to 1 now with a fresh install, but if you upgrade from an older build, it uses your previous settings, which by default was 0. Once you change it to 1 or 2, you should find it adapts better to that controller.
Thank you changing the deadzone helped,i feel dumb :( i should of done that in the first place lol.
System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64bit