fan made ships?

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

fan made ships?

Post by tk7223 »

I've been looking to see if there is a site for player made hulls/components and am not finding any. I also did a forum search to see if this was asked/answered before and couldn't find anything. Since I'm new to this game, I'm wondering if there are any out there to download?
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

fan made ships?

Post by BraveHart »

Welcome aboard tk7223.....Warsign and a few others have some mods they made posted in the Mods thread....not too hard to find....I'll see if I can find it and bring it up. Yoda's memory is a little hazy on the name of the thread...but hang in there whilst I look ;)
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

BraveHart
Captain
Captain

fan made ships?

Post by BraveHart »

Found Warsigns thread and posted it again for you tk7223....he comes on later because he is in Hungry if I remember right....he does an excellent job of modding.
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

fan made ships?

Post by tk7223 »

Thanks for your Reply and Time! Did a few more searches just within the mod section but I'm getting nothing so your info is much appreciated!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

fan made ships?

Post by Vice »

StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
warsign
Captain
Captain

fan made ships?

Post by warsign »

Originally posted by tk7223
I've been looking to see if there is a site for player made hulls/components and am not finding any. I also did a forum search to see if this was asked/answered before and couldn't find anything. Since I'm new to this game, I'm wondering if there are any out there to download?
Building a custom ships are very easy.
You can see at the end of the mode pages, I built 8 brand new frames for ER.
Problem is, texturing. I tried everything for texturing, cockpits are ok but ship parts, nope. Game didn't see my textures, used it's default textures. I used same methods for mapping, I know the designer's method. But didn't succeed...
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

fan made ships?

Post by MMaggio »

Be careful when making new ship models. They won't work in MP. the game will just default to ships within the universe file.
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
verbosity
Captain
Captain

fan made ships?

Post by verbosity »

Originally posted by MMaggio
Be careful when making new ship models. They won't work in MP. the game will just default to ships within the universe file.
not 100% true, you will still see them in your game, but the ships will be the standard ships to everyone else.
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
warsign
Captain
Captain

fan made ships?

Post by warsign »

Originally posted by verbosity
Originally posted by MMaggio
not 100% true, you will still see them in your game, but the ships will be the standard ships to everyone else.
If any Mp player download the ships, he will see new edition also.
Example, I put new ship pack in the forum and 3 players downloaded them. Those 3 players can show the ships exactly the same, any others will see standart ships.
This is true for maps,for cap ships, for nebulas and special effects also :)