Story: Escape to The Shard

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Lunaraia
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Lunaraia »

"Ma'am, we are getting the area designated as the position of the Archives, what are your orders?" asked Ferblon as he looked up from the Whritik board where Girm where beating him soundly, tactics had never been Ferblons strength and Girm where taking full advantage of that, "Honsetly Ferblon, give her some slack, were still 3 Cycles away, so keep your attention on the board, and not on the Navi computer" said Girm as he moved his Titan Piece to take out Ferblons final Destroyer Piece, "I am already beaten Girm, there is no reason for me to continue, all I have left are 2 APC's and the Comms Craft, can't win against your 2 Titans and Super Titan with that" said Ferblon as he got up from his seat and ocer to Tala.
"Something wrong?" he asked, when he looked at Tala's worried face, "There is a disturbance in the Cargo Hold, something is hiding there, and it is in pain and very afraid, something tells me that this stowaway somehow knows that I have sensed it" came the calm answer from Tala.
"I see, and what are we to do with that?" asked Ferblon, a hint of one of his rare wicked grins where starting to form on his face.
"Take a few soldiers and fetch our guest, something tells me that it might be of use to us" ordered Tala as she started to consentrate on the Nav Map and simpely gave Ferblon a dismissive wink of her wrist.
"Very well" said Ferblon as he and two others left the bridge heading for the Cargo Hold.

3 Days Earlier

Luna couldn't belive her luck after she had read the note the Vonari had dropped, she where on daily duty in the Spice room and would have no priblems smuggeling some Spice back into her cell, if the collar really malfunctioned wen it came into contact with the Spice she could escape aboard one of the ships that where leaving the planet, afterall many prisoners where fixing and washing the ships that where docked, and they also carried food that any Ecconir crew could eat, as they to were unable to consume Spice so that wouldn't be a problem either. <Report to the Spice room for Cleaning Duty> came te order in her collar, and for the first time since she came to this nightmarish place she did not fight the orders.

2 Hours Later

It had been to easy, Luna were on the brink of panic, it had been way to easy to smuggle enough Spice to cause te collar to malfunction, and the guards seemingly didn't even notice, it was like they were playing her. No need to worry about that now however, she quickly smeared the collar with the spice, but as she was doing so, she accedentely breathed some of it in, the world was spinning, so much noise, it wouldn't stop, she felt the collar loosen ten fall of, she fell to er knees, to much noise, and it where on the inside of her head only, after about half an hour the noise quieted down, it were still in the background, but atleast it didn't sound like an intire planet worth of people where inside her head at once. "what was that?" she asked herself, according to the note eating Spice only caused you t faint, so how come... then it hit her, she had breathed it in, not eaten it, and that had to be how the Alcyte ate it aswell, but that didn't explain the noise that where still buzzing inside her skull.
No time to think about that now, she thought, she stood up, her legs were shaking, and she slowly walked over to te now ruined collar, it where spilling smoke, as te spice ad clogged the small fan that prevented it from overheating, Luna ated that collar more then anything, but she had to look like a prisoner, so she put it on, hoping that it didn't work, the locks didn't even click when she closed it.
So far so good, she walked towards the exit, and breathed wit relief as she could freely set foot outside her cell.

She found the shipyard without any trouble, as the Alcyte had been kind enough to teach all prisoners how to read Alcynian, their written languige, so they could find their way to the different areas more easely, and save their guards from having to show them te way.
it seemed that there where only 1 ship that were to take off anytime soon, a huge Titan Craft by the name of The Shard, and to her luck they where buisy loading food suited for Ecchonir aboard, this would be her only chanse at freedom! Luna walked over to one of te crates, lifted it up and started carrying it aboard, she found her way to the cargohold where she pretended to look for a place to put the crate, as she where putting it down te noise in her head suddenly picked up again, she stumbeled ahead, dropped te crate, and with her consious fading fast she crawled over a pile of crates and collapsed beind it.

2 days and 22 hours later

Luna had done it, the ship had taken off wile she where unconsious, and now it where making it's way through a wormhole towards the Alcyte outpost that where close to the ships final destination, Luna did not know how she knew this, nor did she care, she where free, and since the Alcyte used Droids to get any crates in the hold she where, for all purposes safe, atleast for as long as it would take to jump ship somewhere outside Alcyte territory.
Then once again the noises started hammering towards her mind again, but this time they where focused more, she could hear a voice, <There is a disturbance in the Cargo Hold, something is hiding there, and it is in pain and very afraid, something tells me that this stowaway somehow knows that I have sensed it> then another icy cold voice aked <I see, and what are we to do with that?>, <Take a few soldiers and fetch our guest, something tells me that it might be of use to us> came the first voice again <Very well> replied the second voice, and Luna could feel the owner of that voice slowly move towards the hold, she couldn't run, nor could she hide, as she knew that the owner of that second voice had finally picked up on her presence and where on her like a bloodhound on the trail of a fugitive.

The hold opened and Ferblon stepped in, he could feel someone over the Hive-Mind, there were rare occations that some of the more adventerous Alcye sildren would stop away, but this presence didn't feel as a you Alcyte, it felt... far away, as if a shroud where deviding them, but now he could feel the presence of another living creature, it where afraid, nearly panicking, what in the Emperors name where going on? Alcyte weren't panicing, a little tense yes, but panicing?, NEVER!
There on the other side of those boxes, he stretched his hand and grabbed the you child, then yanked it out. For the first time in his life Ferblon where truly suprised, no not suprised, he where completely clueless as to what he saw and what he felt could be the same, yet he knew that the weren't a shapesifted Alcyte, he just knew.
Luna knew she where in dire trouble as she looked into the face of the Alcyte infront of here, there where no point in running, she knew it was shocked, but it would still be able to stop her. She sttod there awating what where to happen to her. "Take her to the Strike Leader" finally came the order and Luna where grabbed and forced to follow the Alcyte towards the area where the first voice were located...
When the going get\'s tough the Thief is getting out of there
Lunaraia
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Lunaraia »

I am perfectly aware that I used the name of my In-Game char, but that has nothing to do with my char
When the going get\'s tough the Thief is getting out of there
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

phew!

good stuff dude!
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies