The Alcyte: A study

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Lunaraia
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Lunaraia »

Foreword

This is a small glimpse into Alcytian society, although it is several times more complex, this gives atleast a deeper understanding, of what to expect from them, those that haven't read Story: Dark Dealings, most likly have no idea what I am talking about :P but that's no excuse, after all all you gotta do is read it

In my years as a prisoner to theese horrible creatures known as the Alcyte, I have been able to piece together a little on both how their powers and their society works, I will leave this book behind, so that if someone else find it, they might use it's knowledge to escape, as I no longer have the strength to attempt something that dearing.

The Alcytian social structure are simple, on the bottom is the commoners, they have basic Alcytian education, something that would be close to that of a fully trained and educated Special Ops would get back on Earth, or in the colonies. Then comes the Merchant Class, theese Alcyte are rich from buying and selling Spice. Theese spices are nothing like the ones we use on our food, but are the only thing that they consume, I managed to steal a little to see if it was tis substance that give the Alcyte their powers, I do not remeber much of what happened after I ingested it, only that I felt an intense burning in my gut, and that every second seemed like years, whatever that Spice is, it is not ment to be eaten by humans.

Above the Merchant Class are the common foot soldiers, they are usualy commoners that has been accepted into the Military Academy, where the Alcyte recieve special training in how to use their mental powers for offence and defence, some of the stronger Alcyte are even able to manipulate their own appearance at will, and it seems that with enoug training even the weakest of the Alcyte are able to take another form for a limited time.

Above the normal Soldiers are the Lower Commanders, they have grades like Corporal, that are the lowest Officer Title in their military and up to Captain, that command anything from a small Cruiser Class to a Frigate, one or two Captains apperantly had the honor of commanding Dreadnoughts while awaiting promotions, but it seems this is rare.

Above the Lower Commanders are the Ecchonir Race, they are a race made by something the Alcyte call Genetic Merging, I have no idea how this works, as I haven't been allowed to go near the place in my prisoner duties, I will get back to that later.

All Ecchonir are trained as Alcyte Black Ops, and facing one of those in single combat would meen the same as tying the rope around your neck, they are cold efficient killing machines, that look exactly like humans, but are fully and completely loyal to their Alcyte creators, they all seem to have stronger abilities then the average Alcyte, both with mental abilities and shapeshifting, as I once saw one keeping the same form for over 30 days and 30 nights.
Sometimes, I see Alcyte that join the Black Ops aswell, but they seem to be trained towards interrogation then infiltration, I was once used as a practice dummy for one of them, a young Alcyte they called Fergilon, brother of Ferblon, the Alcyte that chaugt me, his favorite method of breaking down my resistance were to show me my greatest fears while wrecking my body with mentally created pain. Sometimes when I sleep I can still see the immage of my wife and daughter being tortured in a cell not far from mine, but that can't be right, they are still on Earth, they are safe, right? all I can do is hope.

Above the Ecchonir are the High Commanders, they range from Star Captains and up to Fleet Commanders, in rare occations, if a lower commander have done something of great importance for the Empire they are promoted directly to higher commander, without going through the long and hard road of rank climbing.

Above the High Commanders are the Council, the consist of 50 members, and govern the day-to-day happenings of the Empire through several lesser ministers on each of their conquered planets. They are also the ruling body when it comes to crimes accosiated with the lower body of society.

Then there is the Supreme Judges, 10 extremly powerful Alcyte, the one time I saw one of theese it felt like my brain was going to burst, just by being near it, I hope I never have to live through sutch an ordeal again.
The Judges have the right to give promotions and demotions, and are the ones that handle military crimes, although there is only 2 of them in Alcytian Law, 1st Attemted murder or murder of an higher ranking officer without just cause. 2nd attemted murder or murder of civilian or lower ranked Military without just cause. Both are punished with death, and the ruling is final.

Above the judges are the Court of the Emperor, I have never seen one of theese Alcyte, and according to the guard, they are reveral times stronger then the Judges, so if I ever saw one I would most likely die due to their extreme presence. Then there is the Emperors Famely, They are Alcyte that have been adopted by the Eternal Emperor as sons or daughters, and they are so powerful that they have the same effect on the Judges as they have on me, or so the rumors go.

Then there is the Emperor himself, I do not know much about him, but he is the Alcytian leader, it is said that he is so powerful that he can warp reality itself, and due to this he has gained immortality. If this is true or not I do not know, but there is a throbbing in my head when I get to close to the palace itself, and that might be the presence of the Emperor that I feel.

There is one more part of society, Prisoners and Slaves, although the only difference between those two are that the slaves have privat owners while prisoners serve the Counsil by cleaning the streets, the hallways of public buildings and sutch, we are given enough food, as the Alcyte don't see the use in starving us, afterall we can't escape them, they can find us with just a thought, and with the collars we have around our necks we have no choise but to obey anny summon, they don't even have doors on our cages, they just tell us to stay in them....

The Alcytian Powers are, Shapeshifting, Telekinesis but only at close range, Mind Reading, Mind Control, though only the most powerful Alcyte are capable of sutch feats theese are standard abilities that all Alcyte have, though some Alcyte are able to develop uniqe abilites, like invisibility, and to absorb the memories and temorarely the form of another creature, tough this kills them in the process, I saw this happen to my leader Leon Starbright. There are sure to be more sutch abilities so be vigilant when facing the Alcyte in battle...

I have found one weakness in the collar, if they come in contact with Spice they tend to malfunction, but it is to late for me to use this information, as I have been orderd not to speak about this to anyone, and also never to touch Spice again.

I have to go, I have been summoned. Today is the day, my usefulness have run out, and so I am going to be "Cleaned", turned into mindless host for their Battle Mechs, a war machine that are controlled mentally, and after cleaning the converter I learned that they use prisoners as the contolling mechanism, and now I have been ordered to report for Conversion, my days are numbered, may you who read this be more lucky then I am...

The rest of the page were blank, Allerion of the Vonari, leaned back towards the cell wall, he started to laugh, so he might escape, might be able to return in time to warn his people on the imminent strike on his home planet, if he only could get to the Spice... <Allerion report for Conversion, you are going aid in the strike on the Vonari Fleet Archives> came the order through his collar, Allerion tried to fight, tried to resist, but there where no stopping the innevitalbe, he felt a sting on the back of his head, and his mind went blank forever, from his hand he dropped the note left by the human, and it was found by another prisoner, a human named after Earth's moon.....

[Edited on 6-1-2009 by Lunaraia]
When the going get\'s tough the Thief is getting out of there
warsign
Captain
Captain

Post by warsign »

Very hard to be a prison there.
Powerful creatures indeed.

Nice story, to be continued?
Lunaraia
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Lunaraia »

I were planning on continuing it, however I need to get a little inspiration first, so im watching alot of both sci-fi and prison movies to get an idea
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

Dune ! must watch Dune !!!!

( David Lynch Version! )

Muad'ib!
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
Lunaraia
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Lunaraia »

Seen both versions, and I must say the newer make the old one lok pretty crappy in comparison, however as of today I do not have 6 hours to spend on watching movies, alas.

[Edited on 7-1-2009 by Lunaraia]