Story: Dark Dealings

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Lunaraia
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Lunaraia »

"Well I can't say I expected this" commented Leon as he looked at the Vonari infront of him, "I do not care about what you expected, human" answered the Vonari "What I do care about are if you accept the deal or not".

Leon sighed, he had no problem taking on jobs like this, but he usually worked with Humans, and the Humans he knew how to read, Vonari on the other hand were a mystery to him, and he couldn't even see the the one infront of him clearly because of the darkness of the forest that was set as the gathering for this little meeting. "Do not test my patience human, I took a great risk in comming all the way past Pearl to aquire your servises and I am getting more and more tempted to kill you where you stand"

Leon looked up and grinned, "Sure why not, however I only take payment upfront, and I also want something else then money as payment" he stated. "Name it" said the Vonari

"Technology, weapons, cloak and jump tech to be exact, what you want me to do aren't easy and Im gonna need every bit of an advantage that I can" he said calmly. "and why would I agree to someting like that?" asked the Vonari "Simple, I am the only one that can do it, you can't do it yourself, or you wouldn't gone to the trouble of calling me out here, you can't entrust it to another human since few if anyone else speak your languige fluently, and at the same time are willing to listen to anything you propose, so unless it is I you won't be able to finish the mission and my guess is that you won't live long after failure" Leon stated again, while he scratched his black beard.

The Vonari fell silent for a while, clearly contemplating it's next move, "Give me a moment" it finally said, and it went back to it's ship. Five minutes later it came back out "it's a deal, but be warned if you fail...." it let the threat hang in the air "Relax, I won't fail, besides if I do I won't have to worry about you, since my ship will be scrap anyway". With that Leon turned his back on the Vonari and walked into the woods while yelling over his back "all equipment are to be left on this spot within 48 hours or there is no deal, same goes if I haven't recieved 500 mill on my account by the same time".

After about 200 yards into the forest another set of steps could be heared "So, I guess we have work ahead of us then, right Captain?" asked a calm and confident voice as a woman walked into Leon's path.

"Indeed we have, and were getting payed an extremly good price for our services aswell" answerd Leon

"I thought so, you always get the best prices possible, by the way Captain, the Vonari had friends with him" said the woman "Did he now, well I trust you did what was best, Tala" answerd Leon, while he seemed lightly amused. "if you meen leaving a bunch of rotting corpses then I guess you are right, made it look like a pack of Kregskhall came across them" Tala reported calmly

"Did you now? You know you gotta tell me the secret behind you shapeshifting abilities one of theese days, Tala" said Leon as they entered a a clearing and a Capital ship decloaked, on it's hull were the an insignia of a black and thin seven fingered claw on a red full moon. as soon as Leon entered the bridge he sat down in a chair and looked down at the dead man infront of him, "as I were saying Tala, you got to teach me how to shapeshift, stealing the appearance of humans are starting to become a real problem, since I can only do it once" he said as he revealed his true form, a grey skinned humanoid with a huge mouth where the lower jaw was longer then the upper upper jaw, and with huge teeth each the length of a thumb

"Set a course of Alcytia Prime, the Emperor will be pleased to know that we finally can assimilate the Vonari technology with our own, Tala, I leave you here with a score of men to secure the technology tomorrow then follow us in the other ship once the vonari are taken care of"

"And the job?" asked Tala
"That is not our problem, it's his" the Alcytian Captain said as he kicked the corpse of Leon Starbright across the deck, "And take the corpse with you as you leave" he added

"Yes Captain" said Tala as she took the corpse and left for te barracks to get her score of soldiers

Captain Serighol smiled, Sneaking into the sector had been a breeze, and the finding of Leon had been like a dream come true when he learned that he had been contacted by the secretive Vonari for a sabotage job on the SW and NS HQ's after thir defeat they had suffered at their hands, they had even go so far as to offer a bonus or the death of the Ace pilots under the callsigns of BraveHart and Verbosity.
Not that he cared about those rewards, the Emperor had given the order to have as little contact as possible with the humans, since they were less then a spot when it came to the might of the Alcytian Empire.

Let them belive they were powerful, sooner or later thet spot would grow to a little puddle, and when that day came, Serighol would be more than happy to be the one that blew up the humans home planet, even if it would take a millenia it mattered not.

He would still be alive, and he would still enjoy to watch the humans squirm, as the human Leon had, when he assaulted his mind with wave upon wave of pain to learn how to pose as him.

Serighol leaned back in his chair and went to sleep as the ship lifted off, if he had any lips hw would without doubt been smiling...
When the going get\'s tough the Thief is getting out of there
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

Nice work Luna !
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Post by BraveHart »

:D What a Hoot to Read [SW]Luna!.......pretty good twist in the story and a good job of writing....I look forward to seeing how this plays out ;)
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

Lunaraia
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Lunaraia »

First gonna decide how it will ultimately end... this thiing could get long
Mack
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mack »

Very cool:cool:

Great story [SW]Luna. I'll definetly be waiting and watching for the next part:):cool:
StarWolves Clan
Lieutenant J. G.
[img=50x50]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/2564/n ... ej6bo4.jpg[/img]Hellfire Squadron
warsign
Captain
Captain

Post by warsign »

Next part is ready? :cool:
Lunaraia
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Lunaraia »

not quite yet, still working out a few tweeks and sutch, however hope you don'e mind i take a little of your story to sif the time line of mine Verb

[Edited on 3-1-2009 by Lunaraia]
Lunaraia
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Lunaraia »

Five Cycles Later

"Shade Commander Tala, we lost contact with the stolen Capital ship near the jumpgate" reported Captain Girm as Tala entered the bridge of the Drakaton, the Cruiser that had been ordered to stay behind as Tala's transport "That is of little consequence, it were piloted by mind controlled humans, so they weren't our loss" said Tala, as the doors opened and Luitenant Ferblon entered the Bridge, he seemed unusually happy, as he were normally stone cold, devoid of any emotion at all. "You seem to have gotten some extremly valuable information from the captured Vonari, Luitenant" commented Tala "Indeed Commander, not only did we get alot of data and scan the tech, but I know how we can get our hands on the Vonari Fleet Archives" proclaimed Ferblon.

There were a complete silence for several minutes "Did you just say the Vonari Fleet Archives? Luitenant, if you are joking then I will personally be the one to remove your head from your shoulders" said Tala "Not at all Commander, seems like the Vonari really wanted the NS and SW to pay because our friend in the cell are acually a Vonari Minister, tasked with finding a way to start a Clan War, and as you know Ministers have the infromation about the intire Vonari Fleet at their disposal"

"I see, and how much of his mind are intact after you went through it to get that infromation?" asked Tala "Well Commander, if he's lucky he may be able to spell the word hi in a century or so" said Ferblon "I see, well at any rate we need to get out of here, our decoy forces have been defeated, and we need to meet up with Fleet Commander Serighol, and remind me to congratulate him for his promotion when I return to the Shard, would you Luitenant?" asked Tala "Indeed I will, Commander" said Ferblon Tala nodded then turned her attention towards Girm "Have the techs found anything useful from the scans and downloads yet?"

Girm, who had been appointed Captain after the previous Captain had tried to consume high ammounts of the human beverige called beer, and as a result gone insane, answered, "yes Ma'am, it seems that the Vonari have been buisy trying to duplicate the Eccho Project, for their own uses" answered Girm.

The Eccho Project were a project that the Alcyte had started in order to create the perfect spy, they long been at a stand still, until they had discovered the humans, their ability to decieve and survive in just about any enviroment made their DNA the perfect match with the other giver, the Alcyte themselves, they merged the two DNA strands and had created the Ecchonir, the same race as Tala were, the Ecchonir, look just like humans, but have several superhuman abilities like Telekinesis and shapeshifting, abilities thet were a result from their Alcyte DNA. The Ecchonir are also a part of one of the Alcyte's most devestating abilities, a subconsious hive-mind, that enabeles all Alcyte, and Ecconir to know the exact location of another one of their kind, and by consentrating, they can also communicate mind to mind, the result of this have caused the Ecchonir to develop an unbreakable bond with their creators, and leaving a near instinctual loyalty to them.

"So the Vonari are trying to dig into Genetic Merging? that sounds quite farfetched to me, didn't it take you nearly two millenia just to give birth to the first Ecchonir?" asked Tala "Indeed, it took that long, so i doubt that the Vonari will ever succeed, after all they do not have our lifespan, even you Ecchonir live many times longer then even the oldest Vonari or human could ever dream of" said Girm "I see, well get rid of the prisoners and let's get this ship moving, Serighol is awaiting our arrival at Alcytia Prime as we speak" said Tala as she took a seat in the chair reserved for the commanding officer. "Yes Ma'am" said Girm, and relayed the order to the rest of the ship. "It will be 150 Cycles before we get there, since this ship lack the ability to make it's own Wormholes, we have to create Jumpgates, and as you know they have a shorter reach" said Ferblon "It is of no matter, let's just get moving before we are spotted" answered Tala, and leaned back and fell alseep, grinning at the thought of what her next mission would be, getting a hold of the Vonari Fleet Archives.

[Edited on 3-1-2009 by Lunaraia]
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Post by BraveHart »

Aaaaah....and the plot thickens :D great reading Luna ;)
StarWolves Clan
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

Lunaraia
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Lunaraia »

indeed, gonna write about how they managed to get thier hands on the tech in the next part, kinda like give areport on what happened flashback style

By the way, please leave a comment after reading, dosn't matter if it's good or bad, if I get responses I can make the story better

[Edited on 4-1-2009 by Lunaraia]
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

Cool, I'm liking it, noot sure where its going and looking forward to the next part......
Lunaraia
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Lunaraia »

NEW RELEASE, tis is my longest part YET!!!

[Edited on 5-1-2009 by Lunaraia]
Lunaraia
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Lunaraia »

152 cycles later

Office of Intelligence - Meeting Room 2481 - Alcytia Prime

"Well then Shade Commander, we are all awaiting your report, would you like to speak it out, or show us your memories? asked Supreme

Judge Ageritha "I will show you my memories, your Honor" answered Tala.
"Very well, please put on the memory converter" said Ageritha. Tala nodded and put on an od lokking contraption that covered her intire head, and a gigantic screen were lowered down from the roof of the hall where the Supreme Judges, 10 in total, and the Counsil of the Emperor, a total of 90, where seated. The screen flickered and then the scene of a dark forest with 2 shapes materielised on screen.

"So Ma'am, I see that Serighol haven't informed you" said Luitenant Ferblon "Informed me, Luitenant?" asked Tala "Why, about is promotion Ma'am" answered Ferblon "Serighol's been promoted to Star Captain? asked Tala "Star Captain? by the Emperor, no! he's been promoted to Fleet Commander, Ma'am" proclaimed Ferblon. Tala stopped in her tracks "Fleet Commander?" she asked, then she leaned towards a tree "Ferblon, correct me if I am wrong but Fleet Commander if just below a seat in the Counsil, am I right?" Said Tala "Indeed Ma'am" said Ferblon calmly "Well then, Luitenant, remind me to be more respectful him" said Tala as she resumed walking.
A few minutes later they came to a small clearing, and were about to set foot in it when Tala grabbed Ferblon and tossed him behind a tree, shortly followed by herself "What are you do-" Ferblon began to ask, until he saw the scorch mark where he had been standing only seconds before. "Something if wrong here, we where broadcasting our ranks over the Hive-Mind they shouldn't be shooting at us" said Ferblon after regaining his composure.
"I will not tolerate this" said Tala "This is Shade Commander Tala I demand an explenation for your actions!" she said into the short-range communicator, there were alot of static then they heared alot of noises in their earplugs, mostly screaming but also some calm orders over the Hive-Mind, something that were forbidden unless it were an emergency "What in the Emperor's Name is going on in there?" asked Ferblon then finally came an answer "This, This is Corporal Girm, the Captain has gone insane, Ma'am, we found some strange containers in his cabin and we think they might contain alcohol" Alcohol had the same effect on an Alcyte as strong narcotics would have on a Human, but with the side effect that it would cause insanity instead of addiction. "Where in the galaxy did he get his hands on alcohol?" asked Tala "I do not know Ma'am, what should we do with the Captain and the Alcohol?" came the reply from Girm "The Captain is guilty in treason for giving the order to fire upon higher ranked military personel, furter in his current state he might infect the intire crew with insanity over the Hive-Mind, kill him immidietly, as for the alcohol, have it disposed of" said Tala as she and Ferblon came out from their hiding place and resumed walking towards the ship.

As they entered they were greeted by an Alcyte that were smaller than average, but made up for it with a close to extreme presence "Corporal Girm I presume" said Tala as they entered and stopped infront of him "Yes, Shade Commander Tala, welcome aboard the Drakaton" said Girm. "Thank you, Captain" said Tala and started to move furter into the ship "Captain, Commander?" asked Girm "Who else? you have one of the stronget precenses I have ever felt, not t mention that you managed to keep your cool even when your Captain were starting to fall apart, and udging from how the ship look I would say that you are the only one" said Tala, the ship was a mess, clearly the now dead captain had started to break things in an outburst of uncontrolled mental powers, causing severe damage througout the ship, that would take alteast 4 cycles to fix. "I can't see any reason why you shouldn't be given the command of this ship" Tala continued before she went to the bridge to relay her orders from Serighol.

The screen froze, and Tala took off her helmet, "You wanted to ask me something your Honor?" she asked "No not ask, I wanted to say that you made the correct choise in your actions, Corporal, no, Captain Girm where up on the lists of upcomming promotions anyway and your ability to see his strengths even afer being nearly killed are truly inspiering, also the way you took care of both the alcohol and the insane captain where both after the book, good work, Commander, you may continue" said Ageritha "Very well, your Honor" said Tala.

Tala's memories 2 Cycles after entering the Drakaton "Everyone know the plan and the signal?" asked Ferblon, that had explained Tala's plan to those who where picked to attend the mission, the rest where to stay behind and do repairs on the ship. "Everyone is ready, Commander" said Ferblon as he entered Tala's cabin after relaying the orders. "Good, you will be going with the cloaked EMP Cannons, I will most likly need yor interrogation skills" came Tala's reply. "Very well, Ma'am" said Ferblon and left the room. A short while later Tala, now in the form of Leon Starbright, were in the clearing together with 5 Alcyte that were in the form of Leon's former Luitenants, watching as the Vonari ship landed infront of them. The Cargo bays opened and a Vonari that seemed extremely imprtant huffed out of the ship with no less then 15 bodyguards. "We need to do this quick, we are already pressing our luck in getting he-" suddenly he pressed his finger towards his earpiece and Tala picked up what he heared by reading his mind "Sir, after scanning the area we have found that the clearing are several feet smaller in all directions, get out of there it's a trap!" Tala immidietly gave the order "A pleasure doing buisniss with you" she said. Upon hearing the signal the cloaked 8 EMP Cannons scattered evenly around the clearing decloaked and fired, causing the ship t loose power and fall like a rock, the bodyguards didn't stand a chanse as they and their employer where flodded with so many different feelings that they hardly knew what was up and what was down. "INTO THE SHIP!" sounded Ferblon's order, as he lead a strike team of 20 Alcyte in the doors, meeting no resistance from the now useless auto-turrets that where mounted on the walls just inside the entrance.

Tala called upon the Tech specialists and devided them into 5 groups, group 1 would scan and download any data they could from the ships backup systems, group 2 where sent to the weapon storage to scan the weapons there, group 3 where sent to the engine room to scan the jump drive, engines and shield reactor, group 4 where to come with Tala herself to the bridge to gather any data and info they could from the main computer and group 5 where tasked with gathering up all the tech the ship where carrying as payment so they could see if there where any differences. The intire operation where done in 4 Cycles, as the ship where suprisingly enough unharmed from the EMP's, but would not be flying anywhere anytime soon, every crew member tat where taken alive and handed to Ferblon and a few other specially trained Alcyte for interrogation, including their Leader, that seemed utterally terrified when he learned that they where Alcyte and not humans, once they where done transporting the Tech Ferblon and his subordinates stayed behind to work on the reminder of the crew, someting that could take some time, according to Ferblon himself.
The screen when black and Tala removed the helmet, "The rest you already know, Ferblon returned 5 Cycles later with information on the Vonari Fleet Archives, after getting that information we disposed of the now useless prisoners along with all traces of their ship and returned here with the collected data, blueprints, and Tech" Tala finished, as a conlusion to the report. "Very good Commander, return in 20 Cycles together with Luitenant Ferblon and Captain girm for a detailed briefing on what your next mission will be" said Ageritha "As you wish, you Honor" said Tala and left the meeting room, with both Ferblon and Girm right behind her "So what do you think will happen now, Ma'am?" asked Girm "No idea, they are clearly discussing something dire, or our orders would be given at once" said Tala

20 Cycles later Office of Intelligence - Meeting Room 2481

"Shade Commander Tala, for your outstanding work upon your mission, and for faithful service to the Empire, you are hereby promoted to Strike Leader, Luitenant Ferblon, for your great abilities in interrogation you are hereby promoted to Shade Commander, and you will now follow the orders of Strike Commander Tala, Captain Girm, You are no longer be Captain of the Drakaton, from now on you are Star Captain of the Shard, the ship that unil recently where under Fleet Commander Serighol's command, after the Fleet Commander returned, he were given a Super Titan, and has no need for The Shard anymore, so it is yours, further, the Shard will be serving as Tala's Flagship, and you will take your orders from her, any objections?" came Supreme Judge Ageritha's proclomation. There where a long silence, then came a unison "No, your Honor" from the new Shade Commander, Strike Leader and Star Captain. "Good, your next mission will be to locate and recover the Vonari Fleet Archives, failure is not an option, understood?" continued Ageritha "Yes, your Honor" came the answer.

1 Cycle later aboard The Shard

"Well, Ma'am that was beyond anything I though possible" said Girm as he sat down in the captains chair, "Indeed, said Ferblon, now sitting in the chair reserved for the Shade Commander, and Tala in the seat of the commanding officer calmly said "Well, no matter if it is belivable or not, we have a new mission, and as Supreme Judge Ageritha said, failure is not an option, MOVE OUT!" and The Shard set a course for Vonari Space.

A little explenation on the Cycles used in my stories, 1 Cycle is 120 minutes, just so you don't think it's as fast as the payment cycle in-game
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

cool :cool:
Lunaraia
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Lunaraia »

thanks
Lunaraia
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Lunaraia »

Hey Verb, if you ever read this, feel free to add the Alcyte in yor stores, just remeber, they tend to attack with Psychic attacks, even while fighting in fighters, also the Alcyte that can't Shapeshift have Personel Cloaking Fields.... you know what, I think I'll write a summary on just what the Alcyte really is next, afterall things get more interesting if you know more bout those you read about

[Edited on 6-1-2009 by Lunaraia]
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Post by BraveHart »

Pretty Cool story....;)
StarWolves Clan
Hellfire Squadron

Mack
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mack »

Awsome story Lunaraia!:cool:
StarWolves Clan
Lieutenant J. G.
[img=50x50]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/2564/n ... ej6bo4.jpg[/img]Hellfire Squadron
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

Originally posted by Lunaraia
Hey Verb, if you ever read this, feel free to add the Alcyte in yor stores,
Thanks Luna, I might well do. I've made my new years resolution to write more!
warsign
Captain
Captain

Post by warsign »

wow just wow.

Your writing skill is better than your internet connection!
Cool story :cool:
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

LOL! That's pretty good!;)
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
Lunaraia
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Lunaraia »

Well warsign that's... im not sure whenever to thank you for telling me im a good writer or being mad at you for making fun of my connection problems.... think il go with the first :D

[Edited on 7-1-2009 by Lunaraia]