A story: Unknown Foe

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

Deflected Excalibre missiles dance around Icklechesh's hull like fireflies in the night
"just another minute, just a little longer.."

Deneb Had always been a dangerous system, While out on the edge of Evochron and of no strategic value, the Romours of a weapons development lab had always enticed the most unsavory of Evochrons pilots. For this reason the new School clan had always taken an interest. When the news of the virus had hit, Ickle had filled up his hull with meds straightaway and made his way there.

Most of the journey had been uneventful, Traveling at top speed always guarenteed some degree of safety. Ickle had been about to enter the jumpgate to Deneb when the ships Decloaked. Five ships with striker class frames and markings he did not recognise appeared blocking hisroute.
"they've been waiting for me!" He pulled his leviathan round and hit the afterburners, dropping countermeasures to defleat the missiles that would surely come, but it was too late.
As the first mssile struck it took out his Weapons system, and dealt slight damage to his
engines. His afterburners non-functional, he set his thrust to full, turned off his IDS and
rigged his directional thrusters to full for a little extra speed, but he knew it would not
be enough against the smaller faster craft.
"Who are these guys?" he wondered Spnning his craft round to face his oncoming attackers, he laid down some defensive countermeasures, then set his jumpoint to the nearest station " If I live long enough to jump.
Two strikers broke off jumping away, only to appear seconds later in ahead of his flight path, Flanking him they raced past, Ickles hull dancing with the repeated flicker of golden laser fire. "More damage to my engines, they're trying to disable me" He mused.
"Mayday, Mayday! I'm being attacked by an unknown force, 5 bogeys flying striker class ships with unknown markings. I'm on a humanitarian mission to delever Meds to Deneb. Please respond" he screamed into the comms.
"Ickle I'm in pearl, I'm on my way, Lunaria, out"
"make it quick! I've taken engine damage and my weapons are shot, I'm not gonna last long against these guys."
Ickle adjusted his thrusters, He wouldn't gain anymore speed but changing his tragectory might throw them off for a few seconds. He cused under his breath for selling his repair system.
"ping always told me it was silly selling my equipment for an extra buck, should've listened to him."

I've not quite decided how to finish this yet, gonna let my brain muse on it.
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Post by BraveHart »

All Right!....looking forward to some more Good reading ;)
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

shewter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by shewter »

Yea, This is great stuff Verb keep it going.
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Very cool Verb. :)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

"Just a little more speed, and I'd have a chance to escape these guys" Ickle knew what he had to do, He'd jettisoned the meds, and dismayed watched as what had moments ago sat in his cargo bay was now scattered across the system by another missile from the strikers. They broke off, cloaking as they did.

Lunaria appeared a few minutes later " there you are, where are those 'phantom craft of yours?"
"its a long story, I'll tell you on the way"

Later in AC28's repair bays, Ickle watch through the plaz screen as his ship was repaired. "So you're going to stock up on more meds and try again?"Lunaria asked.
" not a chance, I want revenge. I've managed to get a repair system and an excalibre pack, I know they are blockading the jumpgate, and no-one else will get through unless they are taken out"
" Well if there is a bit of profit in it I'll go find some meds. goodluck and godspeed."
"and to you, thanks for the rescue"

Ickle Walked down to his ship, The robotic arms of the shipyard were finishing off the repairs. " You did well baby, now its time to add a couple more notches on your sides. They wont know what hit them.

He had it all planned out, instead of jumping in with a pitch of 0 he'd jump in at 90 degrees and fire off the excals at the first ship that appeared, pulling a long slow turn with his afterburners on, he would pull level with the jumpgates, fire off another load and jump through the gate. It worked perfectly, two ships down with the other ships out of weapons range he passed through the jumpgate into Deneb...

He'd been expecting resistance the other side of the jump, even expecting the Strikers he'd left in Alpha-Centauri to make chase, but the system was empty on the other side of the jumpgate, not a single blip on his radar. He jumped to the farside of Deneb and descended toward the city. Striagt in front of him a brief energy field appeared as another wing of strikers uncloaked.
" I thought so" Pondered Ickle letting off his first wave of excals at the uncloaking ships, One was destroyed quickly, another taking heavy damage was swiftly dispatched with heavy energy fire from Ickle. The remaining 3 fighters scattered.
"Where d'you think you're going? " Screamed Ickle into the open comms. He knew he couldn't use afterburners in an atmosphere, but neither could his target. Seconds later he let off another barrage of missile taking his target out. His radar showed the other ships curising out of the atmosphere and made straight up himself. On the way up he plotted a point between where he expected his 2 remaining targets to be, as soon as the last vapours of atmosphere were behind him, he jumped into position. Spotting both his targets he made for the nearest, let off his missiles once more, turned fired his afterburners and made chase for the last ship. It was already near the edge of his scope, but had stopped.
"he must have a deathwish" though Ickle to himself, then he realised it was a trap! There must be more cloaked ships! He turned and made off at maximium velocity towards the station and safety, only to see a capital ship uncloak in front of him. " I dIdn't know they could do that!" Dropping countermeasures and avoiding the weapons fire from the ship he turned toward the jumpgate, he managed to get out of range, not without taking damage to all of his systems. " Damn Nav, Weapons coms and Life support are out My only chance is to make for the jumpgate" flipping on the inertial and spinning round he could see Strikers making straight for him again, but this time without much damage to his engines he might just reach the gate before they could get their weapons in range of him. One of the unknown enemy craft let off a barrage, Ickle release a flurry of countermeasures and started firing. he shot down two of the missiles and the CM's delfected the rest.
"just another minute, just a little longer.. I'm almost there"

[Edited on 1-1-2009 by verbosity]

Ickle was surpised the ships computer chirrped that the Life support systems were back online, he'd forgotten about the repair system he'd had installed in the shipyard. Quickly he checked his systens again, Nav was repairing, but it had taken heavy damge, he wouldn't be able to jump for a while, Weapons were at 50% and his shields were recovering as well. "now its your turn2 he thought to himself. He fired off another set of missiles as he turned his IDs system back on and headed into the oncoming wing. Once again one ship flared its own destruction, momenterily brighter then denebs dim and distant sun. Ickle charged head on into the nearest fighter swerving at the last moment to avoid taking damage as it too exploded, The other strikers, clearly shaken, scattered. Ickle turned back to make for his exit again, only to see the enemy capital jump next to the jumpgate.
"I've got you now" he though. Ickle fired up his afterburners, set his energy bias to full shield and prepared to ram the capital ship.
At the last moment he targetted the behemoths engines and took them out with a final barrage of missiles and what energy he had spare for his Phantom cannon. Without engine power the capital was dead in the water, unable to move. The force of the impact from Ickle's ship nudged the ship just enough for part of its hull to intersect with the jump field of the gate. The pull of the gate tried to force the ship through its aperture, but the capitals size was too massive. Ickle knew what was going to happen next, He had seen it once before. As the mass of the ship beyond the aperture bulit up, so did the inherent energy withing the jump field. Moments later The Capital vaporised and the energy from its own mass sucked through the event horizon was relased back through the ship.

"Lunaria, Are you there?" he called through the comms, hoping that the capital had been the source of the jamming.
" I'm in Alpha-centauri, on my way to you now, full a hold full of meds too."
Watch out for the debris on your way in, It got a little messy.....

[Edited on 1-1-2009 by verbosity]
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Post by BraveHart »

Will he make it? will he survive the Trap?....stay tuned for more of the best from Verb!! ;)

Note: "in the meantime....Ickle makes his way to his cabin to change his underwear" :D
StarWolves Clan
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Post by BraveHart »

:D LMAO :D....My post above was before Verb finished his story he-he
StarWolves Clan
Hellfire Squadron

PingBosun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by PingBosun »

Originally posted by BraveHart
Will he make it? will he survive the Trap?....stay tuned for more of the best from Verb!! ;)

Note: "in the meantime....Ickle makes his way to his cabin to change his underwear" :D
He goes Commando.
Still messy though!!

I know things about IC you would not believe!
Lunaraia
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Lunaraia »

Great story Verb, almost made me wanna write my own, btw perhaps I shouldve told you I pilot under the callsign Luna
When the going get\'s tough the Thief is getting out of there
warsign
Captain
Captain

Post by warsign »

Really good story Verbosity.