Project Mercury

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
azpatriot
Ensign
Ensign

Project Mercury

Post by azpatriot »

Linda do you have the latest data on project mercury? Yes Robert, if this data is correct then the weapon should work as designed as long as it is delivered anywhere within the stars quadrant in space.

Yes, it’s strange Linda, but before the discovery of the new element I would never have imagined a weapon of such power ever being possible. Just think a weapon designed to collapse a star into a black hole, just the thought of it is mind boggling. To think we may finally have what is needed in order to rid the universe of the Vonari threat, but at the same time the great responsibility that goes with that power is overwhelming! If this technology ever were to fall into the wrong hands ….

Oh please Robert I don’t even want to think of that, I’ve been practically a nervous wreck since the realization that what we have been working towards is actually going to work. And that somewhere in some uncharted system with a star, we are going to still have to test this … this nightmare, just to be sure that it functions as designed. Don’t get me wrong Robert I’ve always been for eliminating the Vonari threat to the universe but this weapon does not just attack the Vonari, it attacks all life in a system, everything is wiped out.

That is why Linda we need to get it right; so that we only need to ever use one of these weapons then we can shelve the design and never use it again. Thank God Irwin was able to locate this remote section of space and by using the latest in our stealth technology he was able to invariably hide the gate in the Rucker system to here. Only a select few know of Project Mercury and of those only the team here in the system with us know the location of the gate.

[align=center]The Test[/align]

Ok everybody pay attention I want everyone to be on their toes today during the transfer of the weapon to the ship, we only have the one prototype and we can’t afford for it to be damaged in any way is that understood?

A collective YES SIR! Is heard throughout the hanger bay

Tom I’ve never been so keyed up in all my life just moving this dam thing around makes my skin crawl I can’t wait until it is loaded onto the ships hardpoint and I’m through with messing with it!

Just be careful Doug and make sure the job is done right, if you need any help just say so and I’ll be right there for you ok.

Ok Tom, I shouldn’t have any problems it attaches just like the Fulcrum Torpedo it’s just a lot larger that’s all.

Ok then back to work we have a major test to perform today.

As Doug is finishing loading the weapon on the ships hardpoint he makes a simple mistake in connecting the wiring harness getting two critical connections reversed.

Over the klaxons you can hear the deck officer make the announcement “Everyone clear the hanger bay I repeat clear the hanger bay in preparation of ship launch!�

As the last of the hanger bay crew leaves the launch bay the launch tech performs his last cursory examination of the outside of the ship ….then with a quick practiced move he reaches out and pulls the Remove before Flight tag from the weapon closing the electrical circuits connecting it to the ships onboard fire control system …………

……and that’s the last thing anyone see’s happen on planet PL-18-A4……

[align=center]Detonation[/align]

The weapon detonates with the force of a super nova cutting thru the planet like a laser in a perfect vacuum, the shock wave radiates outward at the speed of light. Lost Rucker’s surface, though over two quadrants away, is scorched to a blackened color leaving only the station and the city on its dark side to survive the blast. Novachron a planet on the far reaches of the system survives the blast and the few people living on its surface witness in horror at the sight wondering what could have happened. The only other planet in the system Solace Prime and its research station survive total unscathed later discussions on the subject can’t determine just why it did.

But the strangest of all things that happened from this accident, that no one can explain is the formation of a black hole in the center of the system encircling the systems sun. No one can understand just how this could possibly have happened.

But the hidden system is not the only one to suffer, a percentage of the blast traveled back thru the jump gate into the Rucker system destroying a moon leaving asteroid fields at both ends.
Member of Hellfire Squadron
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Project Mercury

Post by BraveHart »

Cool scenario Nobody :)
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

ASBOMAN
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Project Mercury

Post by ASBOMAN »

Does this link in to where you and BraveHeart were the other day. You said somthing about Rucker or being close to it.

[Edited on 5-11-2008 by ASBOMAN]
Lt. Commander [SW]CW403
ImageImage[SW]HELLFIRE SQUADRON

Imagex4Image
azpatriot
Ensign
Ensign

Project Mercury

Post by azpatriot »

Yes the way there is through Rucker but the gate is hidden and you'll have to find it. It will show up as a purple marker on your ships radar once your in the general area.
Member of Hellfire Squadron
ASBOMAN
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Project Mercury

Post by ASBOMAN »

Okee Dokee, Look out Rucker here I come:D
Lt. Commander [SW]CW403
ImageImage[SW]HELLFIRE SQUADRON

Imagex4Image