Missile effectiveness at point-blank range

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Exeneva
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Exeneva »

I meant to ask this question a long time ago when I was playing in Multiplayer practically every night, but how effective are missiles at point-blank (<200) range? Also, is there any collateral damage in the game? It would seem unrealistic to fire missiles so close and not take any damage as well.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Depends on the firing angle. If your shot is direct with a target moving directly at your or away from you, chances are good it will hit. If your target is away from center somewhat and moving perpindicular to you, then chances are low it will hit because there isn't enough room for the missile to make a sharp enough turn. Missiles generaly only inflict damage on your target, although the closer you are, the more of the blast wave will hit you, causing varying degrees of shaking. Collateral damage is a factor with torpedoes, you don't want to be too close when firing those.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Jeremy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jeremy »

Now, what I love to do in Arvoch Conflict is get into a fly-by with an Evoch, get a missile lock, and just as we pass eachother a few feet away, I fire the missile.

There's so little time to evade or trigger flares that they always get nailed. ;)