Audio Modding

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
Pariah
Ensign
Ensign

Audio Modding

Post by Pariah »

Vice could you include the file names for the primary weapon sfx in the next update? I have a couple of weapon sounds I've developed that I'd like to assign to the ship weapons. Currently the missile effects are available as well as the primary weapon misfire and weapload files. I'm not sure how many "laser" sfx we are talking about but if it's a hassle I'll just skip it for now. I also wondered if you could point me in the direction of the "low altitude" file (I want to kill it ;)). Thanks :)

I currently have: ambient, menumusic2, hostilealert, and tractor replaced with new audio and installed in my game file directory. I have a few primary weapon sounds ready to go and I've also recorded some replacement com chatter (though I have yet to implement it in game). I have a few more recordings and effects to produce and the sound pack will be ready. I will take feedback on it and make changes based on that and also possibly produce new replacement audio files as time permits.

Cheers,

Michael
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Audio Modding

Post by Vice »

Certainly, kit update available now.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Pariah
Ensign
Ensign

Audio Modding

Post by Pariah »

Amazing, thank you sir :).
Jeremy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Audio Modding

Post by Jeremy »

Anxiously awaiting it! :)
Pariah
Ensign
Ensign

Audio Modding

Post by Pariah »

I sent my example files to Vice on Sunday night. As it stands right now it isn't a complete audio replacement pack but rather a short list of new replacement files for a select number of the existing sounds. The music files are complete as are a handful of other sfx. It is my thinking at this juncture that I may just go with what is finished and add new sfx and music choices in future updates of the pack.

It was not really my intention to replace every single file, just those that I thought would change the flavor of the game a little bit. I am currently working on even more music files so that a bit of a selection is available based on the taste of the player. I'm also messing with some additional com chatter that won't replace all of the exisitng chatter but rather switch some of it up for more variety.

If you like Jeremy I can send you what I sent Vice (really just new music and a few replacement sfx). I will take any opinions into consideration as I write new music and develop more effects :).

U2U me your e-mail address if you're interested.

[Edited on 10-4-2006 by Pariah]
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

Audio Modding

Post by tha_rami »

Does that go for me too?
tha_rami - The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Vlambeer - Dutch indie game studio
Twitter - Weird news, life updates & game-related news
Jeremy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Audio Modding

Post by Jeremy »

K, you got it, Pariah. :)

@Rami. Are you crazy? Of course not! :P j/k

Jeremy
Pariah
Ensign
Ensign

Audio Modding

Post by Pariah »

Does that go for me too?
Of course :)

It isn't an impressively awesome number of files, just a few for now.

Anyone interested is welcome to U2U me and I'll e-mail what I have to you. Some feedback would be welcome ;).

[Edited on 10-4-2006 by Pariah]
Jeremy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Audio Modding

Post by Jeremy »

Before listening to any of it I must first say that more music is always good. :)

Jeremy