Evochron Legacy SE

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Deneb95
Ensign
Ensign

Evochron Legacy SE

Post by Deneb95 »

Dear Vice few days ago I read the announcement "Evochron Legacy may be moving", but now I'm unable to find it. So I would like to know if there will be a chance to see the SE version of Evochron in the near future or if you have already abandoned the project. :(
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Evochron Legacy SE

Post by Vice »

Still working on it, just acquired the next round of testers I was looking for. So far, things are proceeding fairly well, a few things that will likely delay/hold up any potential release, but nothing that doesn't seem to be fixable at this point.

Edit: here is a link to the announcement thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13700

It's open to anyone who wants to try it and the more testing, the better. Just send me a quick e-mail ( starwraith.com > contact ) if you want to give it a try. Then please let me know how it runs on your system.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Deneb95
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Deneb95 »

Awesome I'm really happy to hear this, thank you very much
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Will this exclusively be 64 bit? I'd have to upgrade my OS. Any other hardware requirements or is SM3 still enough?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Current plan is 64-bit only, although I may be able to put together a custom 32-bit runtime for a particular test build. It will require hunting down alternates for some of the modules/code to try and apply 32-bit compatible versions and/or disabling those that may not have such an option. SM3 level hardware should be enough as with other parameters from the DirectX version.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations