Random Supernovae?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Random Supernovae?

Post by matchbox2022 »

Any chance of there being random events such as a Super flare?
Could simply be the biggest flash, the colour of the star, ever in the history of the cosmos (could see it from several sectors away), and with a science officer you could predict their location and when, turning the entire area into instant death for all ships.

For ease on planetary systems.....it'd probably be easier to have them occur when no other planets or asteroids are within the sector (or a few sectors).
Might be fun to have as a timed contract event, where it's been detected to happen near the station and you need to inform several capital ships in the sector before the clock runs out of impending doom so they jump out, where at the end you need to as well because the flare will happen...or if easier, just be "inside" or docked with a station.

As far as the station goes? I doubt people would want it to be killed off, could just say the stations shields will protect it.

As I write this it might be too complicated to have as anything but a random sector killoff event.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Random Supernovae?

Post by Vice »

You sure like mass weapon and phenomena destruction eh :)
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Yes I do.
And stuff Elite hasn't done yet ;)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

matchbox2022 wrote:And stuff Elite hasn't done yet ;)
Like being able to fly into the atmosphere of a gas giant. Something Odyssey still won't be able to do.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

it's the little things that give it charm compared to a lot of other bigger company games, as well as for looking pretty good for SM3 and being pretty open to modding.