Twin sticks, wrong stick as default

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
guanthwei
Ensign
Ensign

Twin sticks, wrong stick as default

Post by guanthwei »

I have a HOSAS (Hands on Stick and Stick) setup consisting of two VKB Gladiator NXT flight sticks. I'm right handed, so I need flight controls on the right stick and strafe/thrust controls on the left stick. This game defaults it reversed, flight on left stick and strafe/thrust on right stick (I assume, since I can move with the left stick, not the right stick). Is there anyway to change flight stick controls so that I can have the right stick be flight control instead of the left? It doesn't appear you can assign axis and that the game itself decides which axis on which stick should be used.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Twin sticks, wrong stick as default

Post by Vice »

Which game is 'this game'? For my virtually all of my recent desktop space-sim games, yes, simply assign the axis channels from the device to the control input you want to use. You can click on the button that reads:

'< Click here to configure all axis controls >'

To configure all available axis input controls one by one (select the device, then test the axis inputs and click on the one you want to map for the prompted control functions).

Or you can map each axis input individually:

- Select the control device first from the top drop down menu (use left/right arrows to toggle through them, or click directly on the current selected device for the drop down menu and select the one you want).
- Test the axis you want to map.
- Click directly on the indicator bar for the axis that responds.
- Select the control function.

You can map controls either way and however you might want to use multiple control devices like that.

Other options might include setting the other device as the preferred device in Windows, which should impact how the game views the order of devices (since the game submits to the Windows device framework). But you should be able to toggle and select what controls to map regardless of device order.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations