New Drive help needed.

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Austin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

New Drive help needed.

Post by Austin »

So at the pestering of a friend I finally got a SSD. Windows is installed to it exclusively. I've installed EL to my D drive, and when I drop saves into it it doesn't bring them up. I didn't see a directory in C. Where are my saves to be located now?
On a side note also bought a T16000M Hotas. Works great with Elite, but not so well with other flight sims with out painstaking work with T.A.R.G.E.T. . I'm curious will EL register both controllers separate so I can make full use of the many axes(axis's/axi...? :P)? Or will I have to play with TM's utility?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Drive help needed.

Post by Vice »

New default location is \Documents\EvochronLegacy. Full details and info available here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3433

If a HOTAS uses two USB ports, then it will be two devices in Windows, hence two devices in the game. If Windows sees them as one, then they'll be one in the game. My games generally support up to 8-10 axis channels per device and up to 40 buttons per devices, so it should be able to contend with the T160000 whether it's a single or dual device setup. If you run into any troubles, just let me/us know.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Austin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Austin »

Thanks for the reply. Found the folder. Sounds like EL should be good for Hotas! I Look forward to testing it out after work :) Thanks Vice Sir.
Austin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Austin »

Ok, it took me a minute but I finally noticed the selector for devices at the top of the page. Everything is bound. Problem is my flight stick won't work in game. It reads it in the axis menu and allowed me to select the pitch/roll/yaw, but when I un-pause... nothing. All the buttons on both controllers work fine as do all the axes on the throttle. Kinda stuck.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Did you set the 'Flight Control Type' to 'Joystick / Gamepad' in the options menu?
StarWraith 3D Games
Austin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Austin »

It is set as such Sir.
And not using the T.A.R.G.E.T. software as EL does indeed recognize both devices separately.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

That's the only cause I could think of. If the axis controls respond in the menu, then the same would respond in-game since they all use the same control input system and code. So the only explanations would be axis inputs not being mapped or the flight control mode set to something other than 'Joystick/Gamepad'.

So just to clarify, the control device selection option at the top is not the same as the flight control type mode in the main Options menu. Selecting the device at the top lets you manage axis and button inputs from several different devices, but in order for flight control (ie axis inputs) to be enabled for any given device, the flight control type mode must be set in the main Options menu (about midway down the menu).

If you didn't have a control device plugged in the first time you launched the game, it will default to a mouse flight control mode. So another test you can run is move the mouse around in-game to see if your ship responds to that input. If it does, then the flight control type is set to a mouse mode rather than a control device.
StarWraith 3D Games
Austin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Austin »

Hotas is a go!