Any Way to Slightly Increase Mission Payouts?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Veloxi
Ensign
Ensign

Any Way to Slightly Increase Mission Payouts?

Post by Veloxi »

Hey y'all, question. One thing that's stopped me from playing more Evochron is that I feel the mission payouts are a bit on the low side, so I begin to feel like I'm spinning my wheels in terms of gaining money and civilian ranks. Is there a way to tweak this so it's a bit higher, so my brain can feel like I'm making progress?

Thank you!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Any Way to Slightly Increase Mission Payouts?

Post by Vice »

Contract values are pretty locked in. However, there are several ways to increase their value using the available in-game options. I'll go over some of them below:

- Move around (away from the starting systems). Changing system/region location can be one of the most effective ways at increasing contract values. Study the territory map carefully and look for high econ level regions in the space where you want to conduct business in (allied if you want a safer scenario). Then travel to the system(s) in that region to analyze local market conditions and contract pay. The variation can be in the tens of thousands (even early on in the game), so it's worth taking the time to hunt for the best pay.

- Mining contracts. You can mine on your own and it can be quite profitable. But consider contracts for the job (in sectors with asteroids, avoid the planet ones at first due to the fuel factor which will also be covered below). You can get up to a 250% bonus multiplier applied to the base contract value, depending on the value of the material you're asked to mine. Combine this with the location tip above for even better results. Doing this also builds your contract completion record for long term pay increase (also covered more below).

- Don't waste fuel. Before you jump -anywhere-, disable the IDS to prevent the engines from trying to adjust your velocity with the jump drive active. Fly around with the IDS off as much as possible. When jumping to stations, keep the IDS off and coast into the hangar. Make sure the IDS is off or your set speed is 0 whenever you dock. Avoid using the afterburner unless you absolutely need to. Don't waste fuel making unnecessary turns or course adjustments and try to keep as straight of lines as feasible in your navigation. It may sound trivial, but fuel consumption can have a huge impact on your bottom line over time.

- Lastly, simply advance. As you build your wealth and contract completion record, you will automatically advance in pay and command more for your services. Combine this with the tips above and you can increase your pay much faster.

Those are some basics early on in the game that will help make a significant difference in the contract pay rate.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Veloxi
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Veloxi »

That's all excellent advice, thank you!
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Also check out the price of items. Some of them cost big bucks but can be sold for even bigger bucks.