Hello and a few questions

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
LordKane
Ensign
Ensign

Hello and a few questions

Post by LordKane »

HI, I am interested in purchasing Evochron Legacy and I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to use a steam bought CD Key with the DRM free version and Vice versa?

2. Do I need trackir or a professional HOTAS Setup to play? or can I just use my ye olde logitech wingman joystick to play? thanks.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hello and a few questions

Post by Vice »

Hello and welcome.
1. Is it possible to use a steam bought CD Key with the DRM free version and Vice versa?
If you're referring to the direct download version, buying direct or on Steam will provide a key you can use with the direct download version. Refunded or otherwise terminated licenses will invalidate the key. So as long as the license remains in good standing, the key can be used with either version of the game.

Edit: Valve has decided to deprecate support for third party keys entirely. So they have deleted the key system previously linked to their store and the game, resulting in no 'CD keys' or keys of any other kind being provided for games sold on Steam. This means the key option previously facilitated no longer applies. So if you want a direct download key, you will need to buy the game directly through the official website ( starwraith.com or evochron.com ). Or if you want the game linked to your Steam account, you can buy the game from their store. Just be aware that they no longer provide a key for the game and it requires being linked to their service through your account in order to play the full version of the game.
2. Do I need trackir or a professional HOTAS Setup to play? or can I just use my ye olde logitech wingman joystick to play? thanks.
You don't need TrackIR or a HOTAS to play, although they can certainly enhance the control capabilities/options. You can certainly use a Logitech device with the game, simply map the axis and button controls to your preferences.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
LordKane
Ensign
Ensign

Post by LordKane »

Vice wrote:Hello and welcome.
If you're referring to the direct download version, buying direct or on Steam will provide a key you can use with the direct download version. Refunded or otherwise terminated licenses will invalidate the key. So as long as the license remains in good standing, the key can be used with either version of the game.
Yeah, I think thats what I meant aka the "demo" I assume is the DDL too? well probably considering you can just enter a key and continue and thats cool that you have that set up, because that means I get the best of both worlds as I have a PC setup in a place with no internet and thus no steam.
You don't need TrackIR or a HOTAS to play, although they can certainly enhance the control capabilities/options. You can certainly use a Logitech device with the game, simply map the axis and button controls to your preferences.
AWESOME. :)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Yeah, I think thats what I meant aka the "demo" I assume is the DDL too?
Yes, the demo is also the download version of the game. So it is indeed an option for offline gaming.
StarWraith 3D Games
LordKane
Ensign
Ensign

Post by LordKane »

Vice wrote:
Yeah, I think thats what I meant aka the "demo" I assume is the DDL too?
Yes, the demo is also the download version of the game. So it is indeed an option for offline gaming.
I knew it, thank you, also this is the wierdest compliment to give but the HUD is pretty awesome.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

LordKane wrote:I knew it, thank you, also this is the wierdest compliment to give but the HUD is pretty awesome.
That's good to hear :) A lot of time and effort went into that over the years, including several design goals formulated around feedback from and discussions with some real world pilots. It can be pretty complex looking at first, but comes in handy once learned and the information displayed utilized. And there's always mode 1 which trims down the info displayed for times when all of it may not be as needed.
StarWraith 3D Games
LordKane
Ensign
Ensign

Post by LordKane »

Vice wrote:
LordKane wrote:I knew it, thank you, also this is the wierdest compliment to give but the HUD is pretty awesome.
That's good to hear :) A lot of time and effort went into that over the years, including several design goals formulated around feedback from and discussions with some real world pilots. It can be pretty complex looking at first, but comes in handy once learned and the information displayed utilized. And there's always mode 1 which trims down the info displayed for times when all of it may not be as needed.
I have been playing flightsims since Microprose's F-117A so I got aquainted real quick :) game is purchased on steam, key is saved on to a wordpad file and the demo is on a flash drive, ready for trucking off, love how you can just resume off from the demo.

10/10
man you even managed planetary landings. holy balls.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

LordKane wrote:10/10
Along with planetary air combat, city building and city destruction. Bird hunting. Search and rescue. And surveying.
LordKane
Ensign
Ensign

Post by LordKane »

Marvin wrote:
LordKane wrote:10/10
Along with planetary air combat, city building and city destruction. Bird hunting. Search and rescue. And surveying.
And crosswinds during a storm, I made that little discovery recently
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Yeah, it can get windy. And there's at least one planet where the atmosphere is really nasty. It kind'a eats your ship.
LordKane
Ensign
Ensign

Post by LordKane »

I just want to say I fucking LOVE the shipyard: Image