Legacy-Stuck on Low Speed

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
jird
Ensign
Ensign

Legacy-Stuck on Low Speed

Post by jird »

Hmm. Had the game for awhile, but hadn't played in some time. All of a sudden, I'm just stuck crawling along at about 500-some. No, not in Inertial. Can't go to full throttle, just seems to ignore my keybind, even when I change it around. Not sure if I'm forgetting something simple or it's just temperamental with my keyboard.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Legacy-Stuck on Low Speed

Post by Vice »

Hi jird,

There are two possibilities that come to mind:

1 - Speed match got activated at some point. This will be evident if there is a letter 'M' next to your SET velocity indicator. Speed match will cause your ship to set its speed to the ship you currently have targeted. Simply press the M key to disable it.

2 - An axis has been mapped to throttle control, but no axis input from a device is being used. Check your axis bindings in the Options > Axis Configuration menu. Throttle is likely mapped to a null axis channel, so the game is responding to its '0' centered input. Simply clear that axis channel by clicking on its bar, then click on "Clear Axis' to remove the throttle binding. You can then use key or button controls for the throttle.

If either one isn't it, we can look into it further.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations