New Pilot Question

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Freny14
Ensign
Ensign

New Pilot Question

Post by Freny14 »

Hello,

I tried to jump to a near by system (from Pearl to Capella), and it was taking forever with the autopilot (I have a C3 engine that jumps up to 3 sectors). I had 700 fuel and maybe that was enough (I was using 3 fuel units per jump), but like I said it was taking forever. Am I missing something here?

I would like to progress to a contested system to get some combat action, but I highly doubt that the only option is having your ship on autopilot with 5,000 fuel units performing the jumps throughout the night while one is sleeping.

Thank you for the help,
Freny
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Pilot Question

Post by Vice »

Sounds like you just missed the jump gate route. If you look at the quadrant map, you'll see lines connecting each system. Those lines indicate gate routes between systems. So to reach Capella, you need to first take the gate to Rucker, then take the gate to Capella.

In general, gates are located in the area of the system in the direction of their destination. So the gate that leads to Rucker is in the lower left part of the Pearl system (3498 SX, -1801 SZ) while the gate to Capella is in the upper part of the Rucker system (1802 SX, -1995 SZ). Look for purple ring icons on the local nav map. Once zoomed in on a sector, you can hold the mouse pointer over a gate's icon on the nav map to review its destination.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: New Pilot Question

Post by Marvin »

Another nice-to-know fact: All the jump gates are oriented North-South. So, if you turn your ship in either of those two directions (even if the gate isn't located along those points of the compass) and level your ship along the galactic plane, you will glide right through the gate after exiting hyperspace.