Game Locking up at Public Server List

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Ghozt
Ensign
Ensign

Game Locking up at Public Server List

Post by Ghozt »

Just a little heads up, still not sure if this is an issue for me only, or what.

Select Pilot, then load them as normal, Once I get to the Launch Screen, I let all the graphics load, and i click the Public Server List button.

The Entire screen freezes. Music is still playing, but cursor, and screen is completely locked.

I have gone through Steam, and verified integrity of game files, everything came out good. I am just curious. (Well, curious, and annoyed as I can't play right now.)

I will try launching solo and will return with an edit to this post with information on that attempt.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Game Locking up at Public Server List

Post by Vice »

Things seem to be working for me currently. Could have been a temporary delay issue with the listing server or something. If you run into it again, send me a quick e-mail ( starwraith.com > contact ) when it occurs and I'll check into it further.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Ghozt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ghozt »

Sorry I didn't give all my technical stuff when I posted. My bad, will do better next time.

As I click the desktop icon to start the game, it reloaded Direct X. Not sure why it did that, but there you go. I managed to get into Solo game, so I left and tried the Public again. After a very long time, it loaded the list up. I was able to join, and seems to be working fine. Had to be a burp or hiccup with Direct X Loader or updater, or some such.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

No worries, glad it worked out. I'll move this over to the main EL forum shortly. Might have just been a listing server hiccup or something else that either blocked or delayed the outbound connection request from the game.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations