Love the Game... But

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Ghozt
Ensign
Ensign

Love the Game... But

Post by Ghozt »

Well EL is everything i ever wanted in a Space Sim. but honestly, how many people are playing, I know I am late to the game and all, but holy crap, it is awesome. Where are all the players? am I missing something?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Love the Game... But

Post by Vice »

Hello. Not sure how many are playing in total. Most generally seem to play in single player, others play with friends/family in multiplayer over LAN or private servers. Most of the e-mail inquiries I get these days related to multiplayer are along those lines at least and when I've played/helped with tech support for people lately, it's almost always been on private servers. If you're looking for players in public multiplayer (which is pretty quiet these days), you might have some success arranging meeting times in advance with others/friends.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

If you're talking about Legacy, then it's possible you can gin up some new interest either by posting here, at the forum, or on Steam, here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/398170 ... or both. There might still be one or two servers hosting MP games but I can't check unless I first roll back to the latest public release. Which, for reasons I won't get into (the current Beta is complicated), would be a bit of a hassle. But, MP aside, Legacy is also a good single-player game. I, for one, really enjoyed the quests ... both the ones which come with the game and the one or two I found at a player's website here: http://www.evochron2.junholt.se/ ... it's an old site but still viable.
Iron man
Commander
Commander

Post by Iron man »

Welcome to the game and nice to seen you in game on server yodaverse.
Keep up the good work on your construction !
Ghozt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ghozt »

Well, met my First live human player today. I have been spending a lot of time in Yodaverse, pretty cool, give me a chance to master the learning curve. Combat still beyond my grasp. but hell, I did too much of that in real life anyway. LOL

Ironman came in the game for a bit, it was cool to actually see someone who knows how all this works. Part of me is glad that I get Yoda all to myself, I don't look silly when I go crashing into a 'Roid'.

Built me a starter base area down in Rucker, easy jump to Aquila which seems to have all the really good modules. So it made sense to me. Base is in the big asteroid area, which makes it nice because Platinum has been running over 3k each. Makes the money grind really simple.

Guess I need to figure out the Combat stuff, so I can get one of those fancy Military ships. LOL
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Ironman should be a good teacher when it comes to combat. Glad he's still around. ;)
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

If you're trying for online, Sundays still seem like the best time to jump on.
I rarely get a chance to play or mod anymore, but who knows what random weekends may bring if the weather's shat.