Help me find the best game for me

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
tsmspace
Ensign
Ensign

Help me find the best game for me

Post by tsmspace »

I have everchron mercenary. I don't actually play the game properly,,, what I do is I use it as follows:; I activate inertial mode, so that the ship floats,,, then I use ONLY the afterburner to play 3d asteroid like manuevers around home station,, and I do basically nothing more than that. it's pretty fun, I never play, so I don't really get tired of doing it. I've been doing this exact thing about once every few months for years.

in everchron mercenary, when I activate inertial mode, I can no longer throttle forward with my normal engines. Strafe works, but forward and reverse are apparently disabled (except for afterburner, which is great because if I'm just going to restart anyway, it's ok to run out of fuel, and the afterburner moves at a more arcade-like pace around the stations).

However,,, i really want to get more action in there. I"ve just bought a beat up old gamers computer, and basically NONE of the space-games I play do EVERYTHING the way I want it to be. If starmade had slower yaw/roll/pitch, it would be amazing, but it moves however fast you can mouse. If astro-killer didn't have the speed limitations it does, (for some reason if you are at max speed, and you point your nose 90 degrees, you still don't get to throttle forward,,, until you are nearly 180, which does work like brakes)),,, and in everchron mercenary,, inertial mode disables forward throttle normal.

do any of the other star-wraith offerings have the flight mode I'm looking for? where inertial mode can be run as the exclusive model???
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Help me find the best game for me

Post by Vice »

Both Evochron Mercenary and Evochron Legacy offer a control option for 'Inertial Forward/Reverse'. As the name implies, it lets you control your ship's forward and reverse control while in inertial mode (IDS off), much like how you noted your strafe thrusters work under manual control also. You'll just need to either map an axis control to that option (for variable control) or use/remap the default key controls (< and >) for it if that's what you're using to fly with.

You can also map the inertial forward/reverse control option to the same axis channel you have IDS on throttle mapped to, so the same control input can be used for inertial control also for either IDS mode. Evochron Legacy also introduces the ability to activate the afterburner in either positive or negative axis input when the IDS is off and the throttle set mode switches to inertial forward/reverse.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations