NPC Data trading not showing up in my logs

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
aolas68
Ensign
Ensign

NPC Data trading not showing up in my logs

Post by aolas68 »

Good day to all Evochron Legacy players.

First I would like to thank for this great game :)

I have a question, when id do trade with NPC ships in space for Data (Request Information) it shows that Data is transferd but whe i check the data log it is empty.
Is this a bug?, I am using the non steam edition and running a server where i connect with my client.

Thx for every help.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: NPC Data trading not showing up in my logs

Post by Vice »

Hello and welcome. Some data types are stored in their relevant lists. For example, engineering templates are stored in the template list while location data is stored in the maplog. This is all done automatically for you so you don't have to copy/transfer it manually yourself. Comments/chatter/advice are not logged, although a temporary record is kept in the message log.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
aolas68
Ensign
Ensign

Post by aolas68 »

Hello Vice, thank you for the information. (sorry i posted this message twice)

one extra question, is possible to have some technical info about the game engine , like is possible to buy it?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

It began life in a rather specialized (and customized) language back in 2011, so it's a somewhat unique thing that is purpose built. Parts of it might be helpful if you are working in a different language/environment and are familiar with what it might take to port such parts. Feel free to send me an e-mail ( starwraith.com > contact ) with your thoughts and what specific similar things you might want to take a look at.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
aolas68
Ensign
Ensign

Post by aolas68 »

Vice, thank you for fast answer. I will write you that email with details on my project and what Engine (payware) I use . Thank you.