data readouts top left of cockpit

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

data readouts top left of cockpit

Post by DaveK »

What do each of the top three readouts measure that I see when I press the `¬ key?

K is obviously kills and R is rating.

:)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: data readouts top left of cockpit

Post by Vice »

First number is the stabilized framerate, second number is the more immediate framerate, third number is the offset timer indicator (just a percentage gauge of how much time is offset between frames based on a stabilized target, so the higher the framerate, the lower this number).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

Thanks for the quick reply. It means that with all the graphics options ramped up to maximum resolution I'm getting around 140 fps/25 oti looking at the background stars and around 95 fps/28 oti near a station/planet! The time from pressing the game shortcut icon to being able to fly my ship is 80 secs

If there's any sort of testing I can do that can take advantage please let me know. My PC seems like it's up and running at last with a working stick and sound. Thanks also for the info about moving the game to C drive and rescuing my previous saved data - I've got my ships, templates, cash and experience points back ;D

:)
Last edited by DaveK on Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: extra thanks for the data info
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Fantastic, definitely a fast setup there if you're averaging near or over around 100 FPS even at a minimum. I'm working on a change with a certain loading operation as an experiment for a possible future update. It'll be one interesting element I'll be curious to gauge results on with such a powerful system.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

I must confess that I did skip over the two loading sequences to get it down to 80 secs. ::)