[EL] Walker Modding

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
norc
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

[EL] Walker Modding

Post by norc »

Loving all the updates to the game.

Recently I noticed the modding section and something came to mind, the Terrain Walker.

Is it possible to change the mesh/skin on this and more so could you have multiple walkers to select from with various load-outs to perform various functions.

Be great to have a few 'mechs' you could carry on board to deploy on the surface... make for some fun PVP/PVE.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [EL] Walker Modding

Post by Vice »

The TW itself is a lone unit option, so just one set of structures and textures is used for it. Focus being on spacecraft and flight simulation. But from a custom files standpoint, yes, you can modify both meshes and textures for a different look (including the cockpit). It requires some particular structural dependencies for pivot points and scale, so it would likely involve quite a bit more complexity and construction than say a basic cockpit might. It hasn't really been requested before that I can recall nor attempted, so some of this may be a bit experimental new ground and some trial/error will likely be involved. I can probably dig out some of the files that could be used as sample templates for scale, position, orientation, and mapping. If this sounds like something you'd want to dig that far into, let me know via e-mail (starwraith.com > contact) and I can send over some details.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations