A Few Questions

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
JamesJB
Ensign
Ensign

A Few Questions

Post by JamesJB »

Hi First off its been a Looooong Time since I posted lol.

Have a few questions;

I have Evochron Renegades,Evochron Mercenary and Evochron Legends
I have had these games for a while like a couple of years will I need to re-download them? I ask cause I had them backed up on my backup drive and DVD for a while, I mean could they have been updated since I installed them last? I haven't installed them in a very long time.

For some reason Evochron Renegades and Evochron Legends I cant get to go Full screen.

So far no problems with Evochron Legacy :)

Please Help

Its good to be back :)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: A Few Questions

Post by Vice »

Hello and welcome back. This may get moved over to the Evochron forum after a while. For now though, here are some answers:
I have had these games for a while like a couple of years will I need to re-download them?
Probably not in the case of Renegades or Legends. Mercenary's latest version was 2.928 back in 2015. So if you are running an older version than that, you can update to it. Otherwise, if it's only been a few years, you probably have the latest version already installed.
For some reason Evochron Renegades and Evochron Legends I cant get to go Full screen.
That could be the result of copying an entire old game folder over rather than the installer(s) for a fresh installation on a new system. If so, check the install folder for a 'setup.ini' file and delete it or move it to restore default operation. Also, if you copied a shortcut over, check for any command line parameters that may have been added which can be removed for default operation. If it still happens, check the game's Options menu for display settings and post here was the video related ones are set to.
So far no problems with Evochron Legacy
Good to hear :)
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations