Which mods?

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
FlakAtak
Ensign
Ensign

Which mods?

Post by FlakAtak »

Hi All,

New to EM but loving it so far (including the steep learning curve, sort of!). It's great to see a vibrant community around it.

I don't normally play games long enough to want to run mods on them but I think I'd be missing out big time in the case of EM. Can anyone make any suggestions on several compatible must-have mods I could load up?

My preferred play style is predominantly trading/mining and exploration with the odd punch-up to relieve monotony. I have a dual monitor setup, but a creaking rig (Radeon HD5450 being the main problem :D)

Any suggestions/advice welcome.
In space, no one can hear me screaming at my nav officer...
CS-ACI-
Commander
Commander

Which mods?

Post by CS-ACI- »

Hello,

Well I have a ASUS EAH5450 512 Mb and it runs fine.

Dual monitors means you might want too look at the EM tool.

As for the mods, there are a few, it is very much try them out until you find the one you want.

Steve
[align=center][SW] CS-ACI-
Desk jockey and experimental pilot.
[/align]
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Which mods?

Post by DaveK »

Download the latest Hints&Tips Guide from here and there's a section on the main utilities EM_Tools, EM_HUD, Travel Buddy, EvoMetrics plus the now slightly retro MapLog.The direct link is
Hints and Tips Guide (October 2014) and it will be available from SeeJay's excellent website within a week or so

There are lots of HUD mods and a few frame mods. There are also star field, background nebulae, warp effect, mining beam effect mods as well. Have a look here
http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11017

:)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
FlakAtak
Ensign
Ensign

Which mods?

Post by FlakAtak »

Thanks for that chaps. Was reading about the EM Tool and that looks like my first port of call to kick off with. Probably best if I start with that to ease myself into it and see where my ageing grey matter takes me.

Glad the game is so forgiving of modest GPUs - that's an increasing rarity these days.
In space, no one can hear me screaming at my nav officer...