Buschs' Legends Collection

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

As I'd mentioned to pilot MrWheeler, that I'd see about posting up the Legends files that I had garnered. Having once run afoul of a drive melt down, these are all that I have remaining. I'll leave them up for a couple of weeks or so, in case there are others who may be interested. Hope this works... :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r6lebsyo84v1 ... LVTzSo16Ea
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

With the kind assistance of another veteran pilot, I've been able to add in the Legends Strategy Guide. I've also added a screen shot of my Legends HUD, and a screen shot of Accountants' Destroyer. :cool::cool:
Commander
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

Amazing... Thanks a lot Busch!
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

Caleb, should you be interested...? I've done a slow stroll through the mods thread. [All 25 pages as of yesterday.] There remain a number of Legends mods, whose links are still active.....if you've the time, mi amigo! :) :cool::cool:
Commander
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

Im working for a time in a Evochron "Total pack" DVD with all the evochron demo versions. Dedicated servers, Multimedia, Mods, Info, news page, features page, etc...

For Legends i have after check in the forums:

The Customizing Kit.

Hud:
Evoch M
Evoch V (BSG Raptor)
Evoch V 2 (Marvins edit)
Leviathan
Light Fighter
X Wing

Ships:
Eclipse
Mega Military Ship Pack

Other:
Spanish Translation.

And when i have the pc fixed (is in the workshop atm) i want add the new mods of here.

Im Working in a Windows Launcher also, is one of my projects.

But is stopped now, im thinking in add All the other games like StarWraith Saga, RiftSpace and Arvoch Saga.

But i don't know what think the people about this, is my own personal project but if the people like i can upload when i finish the launcher.

Regards!

[Edited on 2-8-2014 by _-Caleb-_]
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: In Legends, you can also customize the galaxy. And then use some program (I forgot its name) to plot your newly created galaxy on a map.
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

Cool!

Well, a sample images of my project if someone want i can continue with the work :)

All the News websites and features, etc are converted in plain text.

Include some media like trailers/ost, etc.

Include different mods for every evochron games.

And the servers, customizing kits, etc.

What do you want guys?

Hope you like.

Regards!
MrWheeler
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrWheeler »

Hi Busch, Caleb, and others who directly or indirectly contribute and distribute these mods,

Many thanks for all your kind work! I am really enjoying Legends,; I particularly enjoyed the beacon quests. Thank goodness also for the strategy guide and past forum help, I would have given up pretty frustrated without it. Busch, the HUD you provided is exactly what I was looking for.

About the ship packs, do they offer new ships to fly with new speed and armor ratings?

Caleb, you asked what we would like in terms of mods--well, I can gladly offer a list of ideas. :) I'm not asking for all these, just offering ideas.

1. Do you have Earl's city mod, the one featured in the Youtube video?

2. Can the universe.dat file be altered so as to add more nebulae, especially within systems. When I first approached and entered the games nebulae, especially the blue one in the Saphire system, I was so wowed! If we could add nebulae, maybe we could have overlapping nebulae of different colors, nebulae overlapping to a degree with planetary atmospheres, or perhaps less dense nebula that covers half the objects in certain planetary system.

3. Can the gravity of black holes be immensely increased and some added to certain systems so as to make navigation in certain areas challenging?

4. Can missions be added or changed? It would be fun to have to clean a solar panel..that is trying to shoot you (a malfuntioning military solar panel, I suppose), or a race through an asteroid maze, or normal missions that take place inside of planetary rings.

5. Can a mirror universe be created by taking a copy of the universe.dat file, adding 500,000 to all the SY coordinates, changing a few things to make it "evil," appending the new file to the old one, then changing some jumpgate/wormhole desination values so that players unexepectly jump between the regular universe and the evil universe?

I guess all I'm really hoping for (j/k!) is that with a few easy tweaks along these lines, the Evoverse go through a major catastrophe, an evil universe merging with the regular universe, causing puzzles and dangers in intersteller navigation, forcing mercenaries to abandon the old great trade routes and find new ones, causing powerful black holes and beautiful nebulae and military solar panel arrays firing fulcrum missiles near jumpgates and stations, and a new beacon quest--whose beacons can be in the event horizon of jumpable black holes and inside hollowed out asteroid race tracks. How hard could that be? (Again, j/k!)

:D
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

At least two of the things you're asking about can be done in Legends ... and somewhere in this forum can be found instructions on how to do them: (1) create your own universe data file and (2) create your own quest. IMHO, the Legends quest engine (or subroutine) has even greater potential than the Mercenary quest engine. Unfortunately, so many other options have been added to Mercenary that it's become a choice between sticking with Legends (and continuing to mod the universe) or go with Mercenary (and enjoy the extra stuff).

P.S. For help with the universe file, start here: http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4429

[Edited on 8-8-2014 by Marvin]
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

Sorry, MrW, most all of your ?'s above are best answered by the one who's crafted the game. Some of what you suggest I think may be possible within the game engine. But the whichness of the why-for's are a bit beyond me.
Commander
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

Geez, Caleb! That's quite impressive work! Very :cool: !!!!!
Commander
MrWheeler
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrWheeler »

I hope I didn't come across as really expecting or needing such mods, I 'm enjoying the game as it is. I had a quick look at the universe.dat file beforehand and I thought, hmmm, maybe a mirror universe could be made and integrated into the game easily, and maybe some extra nebulae could be added; but by the end of my post above I got a bit silly about it. I wasn't sure, I don't know how much can be modded or how easily, but I guessed that some of what I thought up might be time consuming, so I put the "j/k" in there a couple of times. I don't mean to ask Vice to put more work into it or burden any modders. You guys have already done great!

Caleb, I don't fully understand what your program offers, but based on what I've read at these forums I think highly of you, and I look forward to trying it out if you make it publicly available.

Have a great day, everyone.
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

Nope, I didn't get a 'take' on anything other than an honest, legitimate group of questions from a very interested party. Glad you've found what you like about the Evochron Universe! :) :cool::cool:
Commander
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

The Legends universedata file can be opened with Notepad. You can then change quite a bit of the file ... even add new message beacons to script your own quest. Add new star systems and planets ... with cities (plot a beacon or two smack dab inside a city and call it City Hall or City Library or whatever you want and, when your ship gets close enough, have the beacon display a message ... any message you want). It can be done. Or script the Horsehead Nebula using the game's nebulae ... or just change the background textures. Are the star systems too hostile for you ... or too tame? Well, change that too. You want to increase the technology level in a few systems? Or add jumpgates to your newly created star systems? You can do that too.
MrWheeler
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrWheeler »

Thanks, guys! Marvin, that is so cool. When I find time I'll have to take a closer look and see if I can implement some of my ideas. An invading mirror universe with a corresponding new beacon quest would be fun. It'll be a while before I have time for that, though.
MrWheeler
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrWheeler »

I was just looking through the old "Building a galaxy from scratch" discussion, and by the end of it I learned that Verbosity had a couple of custom universe mods, and Marvin, you had nearly completed a major universe mod complete with a FAQ and another beacon quest. Wow. Are these mods available for download somewhere? I'd be especially interested in the one with the new beacon quest.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Normally I'm about 60 miles away from the computer where the modded universe is stored ... but, of this week, I'm about 300 miles from it. So, unless I can find a backup copy some place near by, it'll be awhile before I can get to the files you're looking for.
MrWheeler
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrWheeler »

Oh. LOL, no rush. If ever you get to that computer, and if you have time for it then, I would be grateful if you would dig it out to share. No pressure. Have a great day there.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

What I had completed (prior to moving on to Mercenary) was long and complicated ... a whole new galaxy reflecting the actual Milky Way with the intention of creating Asimov's Foundation series. But, once I find the file in question, I can probably pull out a few select parts ... like the planet with beacons inserted in a city, acting as city hall, etc.