Map Log.exe has stopped working

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Kuros
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kuros »

I've downloaded Atollski's navdata executable and unzipped it into my EM folder. Immediately upon opening the exe I get "Map Log.exe has stopped working." Any ideas on how to get past this?
Noesis
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Noesis »

Where did you download it from ? - Reason I'm asking is you can get it from seejays old site or a link in one of the forum threads that takes you to a rapidshare page or something like that.

I've found that the rapidshare one (It may not be that site can't remember but it's a site like that) has one which doesn't work at all but the source code there for v1 does if you compile it. There is also a v1.2 version on seejays old site, which to be honest I think is the same as the v1.0 source I mentioned and also works.

It might be that it is not configured correctly i.e. it needs to be able to find the savedata.txt file and a map log file for one of your saved profiles, you may need to update the config file manually ("map log.cfg") in notepad to point to the correct files.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

Try this version: 1.5 for Windows - there are versions for the Mac and Linux as well from SeeJay's new site

:)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Noesis
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Noesis »

Dave that's evometrics, I think kuros meant map log.exe as in Atollski's map log program. I believe it was sometimes referred to as the navdata program as it produced a navdata.txt file with manually logged info.

Just FYI kuros, evometrics is good too, but will show all logged systems from seejays communal database, so could be considered a spoiler.
Kuros
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kuros »

Thank you. When I get the chance, I'll try looking into the map log.cfg file. It is the 1.2 version I downloaded from Seejay's site.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

oops! :D

:o

EDIT - I've downloaded the version from the thread and it runs without a problem. I'm just sorting out the various files (maplog.sw, navdata.txt) it needs to link to and then I'll check to to see if it works with EMII on my system :D

[Edited on 24-7-2014 by DaveK]
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage