Sticking photos at the cockpit

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Zenid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zenid »

Hi everyone!
I've seen this EM video the other day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_daoPu52rE
The guy has a couple of photos attached to the interior of the cockpit. I'm using the siliciumMax cockpit and tried something similiar. However, the pictures would get stretched out and appear on multiple locations.
Any advice on how to do this properly?
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

In the HUD folder there should/could be file called affichage.jpg - mine's 75.9kB and 1500 wide x 375 high

It puts the stationary detail panels at the two ends and between the speed/fuel/shield read out - the 3D radar and the target readout. You could add your photo's over these stationary panels. I use them to show the sector and position coordinates on the left and the shield % readout on the right!

EDIT: just tried it and it works! :)

The demo file is reduced to 900 wide so I could attach it here.

[file]860[/file]

There's a version in a couple of HUD mods including the Viper combo HUD. U2U me with your email address and I'll send you some :D

:)

[Edited on 15-6-2014 by DaveK]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Be advised that the above solution probably only works on for the cockpit shown in the movie.
Zenid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zenid »

Hey! Thanks for the replies!
Found a solution myself, though. In the SiliciumMax Hud I pasted it onto "Sans-titre---1". That's this upper display board (You have to look up to see it)
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

From post: 171059, Topic: tid=11472, author=Zenid wrote:Hey! Thanks for the replies!
Found a solution myself, though. In the SiliciumMax Hud I pasted it onto "Sans-titre---1". That's this upper display board (You have to look up to see it)
'There are no problems . . . just acres of solutions waiting to be explored' ;)
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
ImageImage
Zenid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zenid »

I'm still customizing my HUD layout and was wondering whether there is a way to disable the "Mouse look" text at the bottom of the screen when you press F10. Mainly for screenshots. Anyone an idea? :)
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

I've got rid of the 'rear view' wording in my graphics programme using the clone brush. It just depends on how much detail you have in the background and whether you can adjust the view to increase the chance of a 'clean' erase. Might be worth a try because I've never heard of a way to switch off the screen labels.

:)
ImageImage