Modding Radar Scale and Position...

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
PaulB
Commander
Commander

Post by PaulB »

Vice, the radar scale is great - but it needs one more thing.
There needs to be a scale value for the Radar Display image that the radar sphere fits within so they can both be scaled by the necessary amount so the sphere doesn't overlap the Display image.

Paul
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

That's an entirely different structure that is part of the cockpit. So if you modify the radar outside of the limits of the default cockpit, you'll also need to mod the cockpit to accommodate your custom radar specs. You can also place the radar display frame anywhere you want via cockpit mod.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Something like this:

PaulB
Commander
Commander

Post by PaulB »

From post: 170602, Topic: tid=11429, author=Vice wrote: That's an entirely different structure that is part of the cockpit. So if you modify the radar outside of the limits of the default cockpit, you'll also need to mod the cockpit to accommodate your custom radar specs. You can also place the radar display frame anywhere you want via cockpit mod.
I'm not quite sure I follow that. Before the Scale I edited the Radar Display plus the Radar Sphere positions both so that they both appeared larger and still matched.
Like so:

0.0 1st value sets the left display's vertical position, default is 0.0
0.0 2nd value sets the left display's horizontal position, default is 0.0
20 3rd value sets the left display's rotation angle, default is 20
0.3 4th value sets the center display's vert pos, default is 0.0 (0.3*)
0.0 5th value sets the center display's horizontal position, default is 0.0
0 6th value sets the center display's rotation angle, default is 0
0.0 7th value sets the right display's vertical position, default is 0.0
0.0 8th value sets the right display's horizontal position, default is 0.0
20 9th value sets the right display's rotation angle, default is 20
1.98 10th value sets the target object's vertical position, default is 1.98
2.77 11th value sets the target object's horizontal position, default is 2.77
0.105 12th value sets 3D radar sphere's vertical position, default is 0.0 (0.105*)
0.0 13th value sets 3D radar sphere's horizontal position, default is 0.0
0.0 14th value sets the left display's distance, default is 0.0
-0.2 15th value sets the center display's distance, default is 0.0 (-0.2*)
0.0 16th value sets the right display's distance, default is 0.0
0.0 17th value sets the target object's distance, default is 0.0
-0.3 18th value sets 3D radar sphere distance, default is 0.0 (-0.3*)
0.0 19th value sets 3D radar sphere display shadow horiz pos, default is 0.0
0.105 20th value sets 3D radar sphere display shadow vert pos, default is 0.0 (0.105*)
-0.3 21st value sets 3D radar sphere display shadow dist pos, default is 0.0 (-0.3*)
0.0 22nd value sets left display shadow horiz pos, default is 0.0
0.0 23rd value sets left display shadow vert pos, default is 0.0
0.0 24th value sets left display shadow dist pos, default is 0.0
0.0 25th value sets right display shadow horiz pos, default is 0.0
0.0 26th value sets right display shadow vert pos, default is 0.0
0.0 27th value sets right display shadow dist pos, default is 0.0
PaulB
Commander
Commander

Post by PaulB »

From post: 170604, Topic: tid=11429, author=Marvin wrote::cool: Something like this:

Is that available someplace Marvin?

Paul
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Let's see if I can get all three parts squeezed into one post...

[file]845[/file]

[file]847[/file]

[file]848[/file]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Btw, the circles on the grid make navigation in a TW a bit easier ... the green circle always points north. Ergo, if it's on the left and you want to go north, turn left to center the circle. Also, you'll find that, in a TW, the sphere is not bigger than normal ... done to keep it within the boundary of the frame.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

I'm not quite sure I follow that. Before the Scale I edited the Radar Display plus the Radar Sphere positions both so that they both appeared larger and still matched.
There are three components involved. The sphere can be positioned and moved as a separate entity. It can also now be scaled. The image frame can also be moved, but not scaled due to structural dependencies (same for the left and right display frames). There is also the cockpit structure for the display frame, which is part of the cockpit structure as a whole.

There is no z-clipping for the radar sphere relative to the image frame structure, so you can move the central radar display frame back to make it larger for a larger radar sphere without the two conflicting (better to move both back as you did though and keep the size factor fairly moderate). But if you make the radar sphere so large that it exceeds the limit of the size you can get the display frame to (or it starts to clip against the camera), then it will require a cockpit mod to accommodate the size. At that point, you'll likely have to form a larger display within the cockpit structure itself, then move the readout and image frame structure vertically out of the way, leaving a larger blank space for the oversized radar sphere to fill in (with perhaps some illuminated display details on the radar structure being rendered using the 'lights' layer in the custom cockpit, depending on how it's all set up).

This is getting pretty far over into modding with some useful info and options, so I may split some posts into a thread over in that section soon.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
PaulB
Commander
Commander

Post by PaulB »

From post: 170615, Topic: tid=11432, author=Marvin wrote:Let's see if I can get all three parts squeezed into one post...

Thanks for the files.

I've made a couple of mods to the grid.

I think I will try to get together all the modifications I've done in my /Hud folder and get the documented in case someone wants to put them on their web site.
All of them are mods to other peoples work and/or from the CustomizationKit and might be useful to others who might have vision/color perception problems.

Paul