Useful and uncomplicated file transfer site

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
picommander
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by picommander »

My son pointed me to this site when I was trying to transfer a simple png picture that exceeded Google mail's limit of 25 Mb:

wetransfer.com

Worked very well, limit is 2Gb (!) and no membership required for the simple version. Just a little advertising that you can skip.

Just thought it could be helpful. I'm NOT in any way affiliated with this company and hope it has no hidden snares...
deep space trader
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Any idea if it tags an email with advertisements? Have you checked with a recipient to see if anything was added to your own attachment(s)?
picommander
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by picommander »

I just asked my son and he says no. He didn't checked carefully though, there probably was the common self-promotion for their "plus-variant" or something blocked by addblocker. Just to let you know, I'm not advertising this site, it was meant as a friendly hint. Nothing more nothing less. Use it on your own risk.

Btw, I'm pretty sure I've checked "Receive e-mail on reply" and while it works most of the time it's not the first time I've got no e-mail notification.
deep space trader