What's next?

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
Zach
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

What's next?

Post by Zach »

Don't know if this is covered in another thread somewhere already, but I was curious if there is anything coming down the pipe soon, or at least in the works.

A new game? A new iteration of Evochron?

Inquiring mind(s) would like to know
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

What's next?

Post by Rubber Chicken »

It appears that regular/semi-regular updates to EM are always in the works. Whether or not another expansion to EM or a whole new title are in the works is still a matter of speculation amongst us fans.
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
Iron man
Commander
Commander

What's next?

Post by Iron man »

If my memory is correct, Vice opened a thread ( I can't not find it anymore I don't know why) into he was asking a lot of question for a "potential" new version, in a future incertain, of the game. :)
Players have to answer around 8 + question.
It that correct Chicken?:cool:
steam name : x iron man
Zach
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

What's next?

Post by Zach »

If anyone can find that thread that would be cool..

But if Vice reads this, all I really want to ask for is an overhaul to the engine to better support Modding.

i.e A proper Tracker/Log for Custom quests, custom event triggers, commands to spawn things and package resource replacements without having to override core game files, etc.. IT would really open up possibilities for creating custom stories and stuff, as well as make swapping game assets easier, without having to gimp about in the base install.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

What's next?

Post by Marvin »

From post: 169996, Topic: tid=11394, author=Zach wrote:... all I really want to ask for is an overhaul to the engine to better support Modding.
:cool: That's all?
Zach
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

What's next?

Post by Zach »

Yup that's all :D

As a programmer, I know it wouldn't be an easy task. But it would allow the users to further enrich the Evo-verse on so many new levels, and give people an easy way to experience new stories and such.

I know I would certainly take a stab at it, if the proper tools were available to make it easily done :cool:
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

What's next?

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Well, if you interested in doing some stabbing, try Arvoch Alliance ... where most of your additions already exist.
Zach
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

What's next?

Post by Zach »

Maybe.... when I'm not broke :(