My list of "Must Have Mods"

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rooster »

All of these mods add a level of immersion with very little stress on your PC. If you want to "lose yourself" in space. These are the must get mods.

1)Nebula Mod
2)Stars Mod
3)Cylon Raider Mod
4)Little Trees
5)Sound changes to Particle/Laser and Tractor Beam
6)City Scapes
7)Busch's Minimal Hud
8)Cursor and Icon/Map Changes

Short Explanation:

Nebula's + Stars + Little Trees = great landscape and no frame rate drop.

Cylon Raiders = one of the best mods period. I can just go to a War Zone and fight something completely different.

CityScapes = makes buildings taller and spreads them out. Looks really good when you are coming up on them. The height of the "docking" bay and it's location stays the same. If you plan on spending any time whatsoever on the surface of a planets. Get this, also it has zero frame drop penalties.

Sounds: Changing the sound of your weapons and tractor beam allow you to customize how it feels when you fight or farm, especially if you use headphones. My laser sounds like a little mini gun, the Particle Canon sounds like death incarnate and compliments the laser. My tractor beam sounds like a machine tearing into stone. You can make them sound alien if you want. Like a Star Trek blaster or a gun from Halo. My thrusters have a huge windup and then a huge "rocket leaving earth" sound and "pressure release" when I kill them.

Busch's Hud: This thing is awesome. I did a little tweaking and added in a cargo counter so I don't have to open a menu to see my count. I also added in a different Icon for Jump Holes.

I changed the cursor to something a little fitting to the HUD and changed the icons for jump gates on the map to bigger icons so you can see the jump holes behind objects better.

Where to get the Mods

[url=ts3file://50.112.124.77?port=2041&serverUID=yfBvQe/kuZzCdiVbDBPeg8ACZIs=&channel=1543&path=/&filename=Rooster&isDir=1&size=0&fileDateTime=1398697776]Rooster[/url]

The Link is having some trouble atm. Cindy is working on it.

Side Note: All of these mods add very little stress to your PC. I play on a toaster and can still run graphics on High with 0 anti aliasing and No V-Sync. Looks amazing and my only trouble is passing through an atmosphere. A huge frame rate hit but it goes away almost instantly with rapid decent.

[Edited on 04/09/2014 by Rooster]
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

The compass should be in the HUD folder. You can swap it out, using any of the more detailed compasses found at SeeJay's website.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rooster »

I ended up using, Busch's Cleaned up Hud with no cockpit. I want to use SeeJay's cockpit but until I learn how to edit it, It pulls me out of my "zone". The bright colored blocks and the wood grain are a little much for my tastes. Carbine fiber or a steal mesh cover would be perfect for me.

Busch's Hud came with a good compass and now I have his hud to add to any cockpit I might use in the future.
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

You can modify/create your own images using PhotoShop or any similar program.
You can take parts form all different mods and put together your own setup. Just a matter of copy/paste the images that you like.
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rooster »

thanks SeeJay and thanks for allowing me to change some things with your design.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rooster »

More testing led to a revision of the top post. Again these mods are the first steps to immersion. They are the best you can do on a low end PC/Laptop and maybe just maybe you can add in a cockpit mod.
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

Thanks for the honorable mention, Rooster. The vast majority of the files in that 'No frills, eye-easy HUD' are drawn from a whole group of artists/craftsmen who created them originally. Marv, SR, Nigel, Malix, Maxmillen, Warsign, and several other craftsmen whose names escape me; are those from whose various offerings I've pulled the files to create what you're using. It is to them the real credit should be touted. All I did was pick bits a pieces from here and there, and mash it all into something that has worked for me. I'm honored and pleased that you find what I've done useful. :) :cool::cool:

P.S. The HUD I'm flying now includes some files created by pilot Inked Michael, and the artist who created the Oblivion HUD, as well as from those artists mentioned above. :)

[Edited on 4-25-2014 by Busch]
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch