Roar of big guns

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Nigel_Strange
Captain
Captain

Roar of big guns

Post by Nigel_Strange »

Do you think guns should sound big and loud? Do you like the ringing sound in your ears after a firefight? You're in luck. Bigguns is a sound effect that you can use to amplify the sound of your weapons!

Bam!!!

How to use:

1. Copy the file: Bigguns.wav to your Evochron Mercenary /Sounds folder.
2. Rename the file gunx.wav [where x is a number from 1 to 15 that corresponds to the level of gun you are using]

If you don't know which gun sound you are using, you can copy the file multiple times and name them from 1 to 15, so that you have:

gun1.wav
gun2.wav
gun3.wav
gun4.wav
gun5.wav
gun6.wav
gun7.wav
gun8.wav
gun9.wav
gun10.wav
gun11.wav
gun12.wav
gun13.wav
gun14.wav
gun15.wav

For maximum ear damage, wear headphones.

User takes full responsibility for any pain, suffering, or damage that might result from this product. Nigel Industries is not responsible for ear damage, ear pain, violent shakes, underwear soiling, melted face, or any other symptom that can result from the misuse of this product. Enjoy!

http://www.gamefront.com/files/24184127/Bigguns.zip

Information for downloading. Apparently, they want you to answer some questions before you can download. I did the survey and answered 4 questions and was able to get to the download that way. I have not asked SeeJay to host this yet because I don't know if anyone will like it or not.
Busch
Captain
Captain

Roar of big guns

Post by Busch »

Would very much like to review your Big Guns offering Nigel, but the gamefront page keeps booting me back to answering survey questions and doesn't permit the file itself to load/download. :(
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Nigel_Strange
Captain
Captain

Roar of big guns

Post by Nigel_Strange »

U2U me with your email and I'll send it directly.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Roar of big guns

Post by Rooster »

wow!!!! I want this! and a real clean Cockpit mod.
Busch
Captain
Captain

Roar of big guns

Post by Busch »

Thank you, Nigel. :) :cool::cool:
Commander
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Roar of big guns

Post by Marvin »

From post: 169060, Topic: tid=11348, author=Nigel_Strange wrote:I have not asked SeeJay to host this yet because I don't know if anyone will like it or not.
:cool: That's never stopped me from sending stuff to SeeJay. ;)
Nigel_Strange
Captain
Captain

Roar of big guns

Post by Nigel_Strange »

I've been playing around with Audacity lately. It is good for a free program, and it made the gun sound that I tried out. The sound actually turned out to be a little...bigger than I thought was needed for EM, but I posted it anyway. I made some other sounds, and I might post them later.

I think it would be interesting to get some live sounds from the world, and maybe use those, or modulate/edit them in Audacity to make custom sounds. I just need inspiration...and stuff to make noise with.

For instance, as many of you might know, the original blaster noise that Lucas used in his Star Wars films was actually the sound of someone hammering on a steel cable support for a radio antenna (or something).
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Roar of big guns

Post by DaveK »

I had no probs downloading it directly without the 'third degree' treatment . . . well only one small one: the site plays David Bowie's Five Years immediately after I test the WAV in my file programme. Oh, and it will only play the gun sound once! :P
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Busch
Captain
Captain

Roar of big guns

Post by Busch »

Message well received Nigel! Awesome gun noise! I Like It! Most excellent effort and effect! :cool::cool: :)

No problems re-naming the file for appropriate use. Just had to match up the file with the customized particle cannon I'm currently using. If you like, I'll send along the gun.wav files that the Shieldwolf, Inked Michael, and I were working on quite a while ago. (Last part of Legends, first part of Mercs 1 roll-out time-frame, IIRC.) There's some pretty cool real-life guns sounds included. (lots of pew-pew-pew!) Some are 'single shot', like those files that the game software will use/deploy. Others are full-on machine gun rat-a-tat-tat/daka-daka-daka. And some go boom in a BIG way! :)

[Edited on 4-20-2014 by Busch]
Commander
Nigel_Strange
Captain
Captain

Roar of big guns

Post by Nigel_Strange »

I'm glad you like the noise.

I think I downloaded the real gun sounds. They are pretty awesome.

I want to go with one-pop per round sound in the game.

Also, something I would like to try is matching the sound with the type of weapon, so one type of sound for railguns, one for plasma, etc. Then, the sound will remind you of the type of weapon you're using.

I renamed the sounds folder last night to play with all of the default in-game sounds, and I reminded myself that Vice did a really great job with the sounds in the game. I really can't beat those, but I think I created the folder initially to eliminate noises that happen in outer space (which you shouldn't hear at all) and played around with the other sounds.
Busch
Captain
Captain

Roar of big guns

Post by Busch »

Nigel, that's a really cool project; matching the particle cannon category with a particular/specific gun sound. Best of fortune! It'll be interesting to see/hear the fruits of your efforts!
:) :cool::cool:
Commander
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Roar of big guns

Post by SeeJay »

Nigels Big Gun and Big Engine sounds are now avaiable in my MOD section.

Cool stuff mate! ;)
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Nigel_Strange
Captain
Captain

Roar of big guns

Post by Nigel_Strange »

Thanks, SeeJay!

Everyone is now free to download.