Landing on a distant planet - Cinematic

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Fieel
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Fieel »

Hello, i love making cinematics regarding planes, spaceships and space itself. This is my first time using Evochron as a stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rPlmD7Nk4c

Leave feedback please :D

Thank you

Fieel
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Major Grubert »

Looks cool
but you could ad some external view and ad some cam effect

there is a cinematic view (cycle with v) then with other keys (look on keyboard.jpg in the game folder) you can move the cam angle and so on.. i love that :)

my pc is to weak for record vids in game...
picommander
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by picommander »

Great video, very nice! The free look through the cockpit provides great immersion.
Btw, where did you get these crosshairs from (also, the whole cockpit seems to be modded as well)?
deep space trader
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rooster »

O, Man! I'm digging that HUD and Cockpit
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: You can find most of the HUD mods (along with many other mods) at SeeJay's website. The link is in his signature.
picommander
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by picommander »

I've just downloaded JSGME from HERE, installed it in the game folder (not the profile folder, both are different in my installation) and installed a HUD Mod from SeeJay's website using JSGME. All files seem to be properly copied into the game's root folder (EvochronMercenary, where also the EM exe file is). I still see the default HUD though. The Mod is NigelHexHud.zip
What's going wrong here?

[Edited on 15-4-2014 by picommander]
deep space trader
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Post by Rubber Chicken »

Did you rename the hud mod folder to HUD?
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
picommander
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by picommander »

No, should I? Source or destination folder? If that matters: I already have a folder hud (lower letters) with a single file in it (chattext .dat) and renamed the source folder (that one in the MODS folder) that contain the new hud files in to HUD. Still doesn't work though. It's visible and marked as 'active' (right window) in JSGME though.

I have the vague feeling I'd need some basic knowledge about customization. Reading the CustomKit ReadMe file now...

Edit:
So in my understanding the contents of the hud mod file need to be copied into a 'hud' file below the games root folder. But when I activate the hud source folder (the downloaded mod files, unzipped into a file called 'hud', then copied to MODS) with JSGME the whole content is copied to the root folder, rather than into 'hud'. How can I tell JSGME to copy the files into the correct folder?

I just copied these files manually and now it works. So it all boils down to the question 'How is JSGME supposed to work'?

Edit (the last time, I promise :D)
Sorry for talking to myself but I figured out how it works! :P
The hud folder with the mod contents that goes into the MODS folder need first to be nested into another folder. This 'top' folder isn't copied into the game's root folder, it just acts as an archive to make it easy to switch between different hud mods. That makes sense. :cool:

[Edited on 16-4-2014 by picommander]
deep space trader
picommander
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by picommander »

From post: 168969, Topic: tid=11340, author=Rooster wrote:O, Man! I'm digging that HUD and Cockpit
I think I found this awesome Easter egg:

http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7852

Post nr.9 has the preview and the download link (just installed, works!) sooooo :cool:
deep space trader
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 168976, Topic: tid=11340, author=picommander wrote:The hud folder with the mod contents that goes into the MODS folder need first to be nested into another folder. This 'top' folder isn't copied into the game's root folder, it just acts as an archive to make it easy to switch between different hud mods. That makes sense. :cool:
:cool: Yup. In fact, it makes it easy to swap out different versions of many files ... ship textures, background textures, ship frames, quest mods, sounds, etc.
picommander
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by picommander »

There is a nasty little pitfall though in this otherwise useful program: During my try and error testing I tried to 'import' a mod. At this stage I had the hud folder on my desktop. The inbuilt file manager of JSGME has a flaw when it comes to the Desktop: If you click on 'Desktop' and expect to see its content now, your Desktop as a whole will be moved instead (not just linked or copied!) into the MODS folder. If you then want to get rid of it cause you probably think it's just a link and delete it, your whole Desktop is then moved into the trash bin. You can still recover it at this point but then it will be moved into the MODS folder again. Tricky! I had to manually move it back to the original place. Now imagine I'd not realized what has happened (as long as the Desktop isn't reloaded everything seems fine) and then emptied the trash bin while still containing the Desktop folder (with quite a lot of links)... :o:P
deep space trader
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Major Grubert »

another version : i see on the owner website that my version of Em tool is not up to date, so i download the newest one, unpack all on desktop, copy all in evo folder...

then when restarting em tool : all was empty, like if i never discover nothing at all in evoverse... damn.. hell... what th.. !!! %£§/# that was a time like "gamer nightmare" things

while copying the new file i crushed a file where all coords where written

what saved me is the "restore file" function, i could restore the one file i needed 48h back in time, then it was full again, magic :)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: You guys are adding an entirely new dimension to Murphy's Law. ;)
Fieel
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Fieel »

From post: 168985, Topic: tid=11340, author=Marvin wrote::cool: You guys are adding an entirely new dimension to Murphy's Law. ;)
AHAH exactly! And thank you for the views on the video guys, also if you liked it feel free to subscribe! I'll be doing more spacesim videos in the future :D
From post: 168970, Topic: tid=11340, author=Marvin wrote::cool: You can find most of the HUD mods (along with many other mods) at SeeJay's website. The link is in his signature.
Yep, exactly! I used that cockpit mod, the nebula mod , planetary rings mod and star mod :) you can find everything here on the forums!

From post: 168968, Topic: tid=11340, author=picommander wrote:Great video, very nice! The free look through the cockpit provides great immersion.
Thank you! I managed to delete the gunsight and HUD so i can take more cinematic shoots, completely in a realistic way. Basically i'll see just the cockpit and from the inside and no virtual HUD.

I also use TrackIr Pro 5 for facetracking and moving the cam ingame :)
From post: 168965, Topic: tid=11340, author=Major Grubert wrote:Looks cool
but you could ad some external view and ad some cam effect

there is a cinematic view (cycle with v) then with other keys (look on keyboard.jpg in the game folder) you can move the cam angle and so on.. i love that :)

my pc is to weak for record vids in game...
Yeah, that's a great idea, but i wanted to take a short video as a test (first video with evochron!), completely from the pilot's point of view while entering the atmosphere. I'll probably use the cinematic view in the future :D

[Edited on 4-26-2014 by Fieel]
picommander
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by picommander »

Keep up the good work, I love watching videos of my (meanwhile) favorite game! :cool:
deep space trader
Fieel
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Fieel »

From post: 169306, Topic: tid=11340, author=picommander wrote:Keep up the good work, I love watching videos of my (meanwhile) favorite game! :cool:
I wish i had more time to play Evochron and use it for videos!