Original StarWraith?

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
XatuMasterRace
Ensign
Ensign

Original StarWraith?

Post by XatuMasterRace »

So I've recently obtained 2, 3, and 4. However, the first one has been near impossible to find and I figured this was the best place to ask. Do any of you know where I could obtain the first StarWraith? Any information would be appreciated.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Original StarWraith?

Post by DaveK »

In terms of being the 'first one' - Starwraith was actually the 5th, preceded by

Star Commander 1 and 2 (1989-1994)
Raven (1994-1996)
Star Wolf (1996-1999)

source (plus brief details of all of the series) http://www.spacecombat.org/

I suspect Vice (the developer) will give you the definitive answer.

:)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
XatuMasterRace
Ensign
Ensign

Original StarWraith?

Post by XatuMasterRace »

Okay, thank you. Yeah, I've read about those as well, but I meant first in the StarWraith series, sorry if I wasn't very specific there.

Anyways, I'll see if I can get in touch with Vice soon and see if he knows where I could obtain it. :)
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Original StarWraith?

Post by DaveK »

From post: 168374, Topic: tid=11308, author=XatuMasterRace wrote:Okay, thank you. Yeah, I've read about those as well, but I meant first in the StarWraith series, sorry if I wasn't very specific there.

Anyways, I'll see if I can get in touch with Vice soon and see if he knows where I could obtain it. :)
He tends t be watching the forum posts :D
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Original StarWraith?

Post by Vice »

I'd probably have to dig through archives to find it, it's nearly 15 years old now and likely won't even work on newer versions of Windows beyond XP. If you send me a quick reminder via e-mail (starwraith.com > contact), I can see if I have an old installer for it somewhere, but it's compatibility would likely be very limited.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Nigel_Strange
Captain
Captain

Original StarWraith?

Post by Nigel_Strange »

Emulation!
XatuMasterRace
Ensign
Ensign

Original StarWraith?

Post by XatuMasterRace »

From post: 168380, Topic: tid=11308, author=Vice wrote: I'd probably have to dig through archives to find it, it's nearly 15 years old now and likely won't even work on newer versions of Windows beyond XP. If you send me a quick reminder via e-mail (starwraith.com > contact), I can see if I have an old installer for it somewhere, but it's compatibility would likely be very limited.

Hey, no worries. I have the software to emulate it, and if that fails I have an XP computer lying around here. It would just be nice to have since I like playing the StarWraith games every once in a while.