Request for original font files

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Gray
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Gray »

Hi guys,

Some mod I put on has made the font too small for my laptop screen. Could somebody please U2U me with a copy of the original EvochronFont.ttf and EvochronFont2.ttf from the main game directory?

I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,

-- Gray
* E.M. players, add me on Steam! \"graywebster\" with a picture of Ms. Pac Man!
* Live in Asia-Pacific part of the world? Try the Retroverse server for a refreshingly low ping! Ahhhhh .... so fresh!
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: If you delete the mod and then reinstall the game, the default font should be restored. As for mods, if you use JSGM, all the original files are automatically backed up.
Gray
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Gray »

Yeah I was hoping to not have to reinstall the game. It's easy enough (I bought it on Steam) but I can't remember which mods I've installed and where I got them from. Seems like a hassel to find/install the mods again.

I don't use mod loaders or front-ends in games - personal preference :)

Still hoping somebody will send me those 2 tiny little files from their installation .....
* Live in Asia-Pacific part of the world? Try the Retroverse server for a refreshingly low ping! Ahhhhh .... so fresh!
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: You don't need to uninstall the game ... just delete the font file and then reinstall (or, if you prefer the term: "update"). Your other mods should be safe. Updating the game only modifies the game's default files ... not any other mods. So, unless you have the game's text files changed to reflect another language, you should be safe.
Gray
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Gray »

Does this "update" you speak of work under Steam?
I want to do it but I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with a vanilla game again :cool:
Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

Post by Capt_Caveman »

[ "just delete the font in question.
the game should restore the original font on its own
no need to uninstall/ reinstall anything." ]

sorry, I'm in error, I just tried it.

deleteing the 2 font files will make the game default to a larger font and run but it wont restore the originals like i thought.

so you WILL have to run the installer to get them back.
this will replace the quest file also but no other mods should be lost or affected as a result.

[Edited on 1-20-2014 by capt_cronic]