INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Busch
Captain
Captain

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by Busch »

Copy dat and receipt of pkgs 2 & 3! The treat is freakin' AWESOME dude! :cool::cool: ;)

For the most part, I'm using HUD 'bits and pieces' I've managed to collect over the years. The vast majority of it comprises a combo of some of Max and Vipers work. As well as tidbits gleaned from other sources/artists/craftsmen. This is also inclusive of the art of your own crafting, my friend. I do not possess the knowledge, skill, or ability to craft in the manner you have. My best efforts would be mostly stick figure-ish. Whereas, that of yours and others conforms to something approaching normalcy, and is pleasing to the eye. I make no bones about being a plagiarist. I do always and everywhere give credit for the work of others I've employed; especially since they've enhanced my personal 'evochron experience'. ;) SeeJay has my last public HUD offering on one of his sites. It's just a basic, no-frills, reduced clutter HUD that's been working well enough for me. I should probably revisit that offering, as some things have changed for the better with what I'm now flying.

Thanks again, Mike! I really appreciate the work you've done and sent along. :) :cool::cool:

B
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
INKED MICHAEL
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by INKED MICHAEL »

THANKS MY FRIEND! Much Appreciated. I REALLY Enjoy MODDING Elements of the Game that You so Eloquently Put, "enhanced my personal 'evochron experience'".

Have You Given the "COM CHATTER IN SPACE" Sound MOD a Listen? It's Not for Everyone But I REALLY ENJOY USING IT.

More to COME MY FRIEND, Always MORE TO COME! ;) lol.

\"COM CHATTER IN SPACE\" THREAD WITH DOWNLOAD LINK:

http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewthr ... ?tid=10915

\"LETS ROCK\"

EMAIL: [email protected]
Busch
Captain
Captain

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by Busch »

I'm sorry Mike, I've not. Since your offer and my down-turn of that, I've been a touch reticent. No harm, no foul on your part. Just mulishness I guess, on my part. I may get a round to-it eventually. :)
Commander
Busch
Captain
Captain

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by Busch »

Hey Mike! The mlock.png functions as designed. Didn't have to fiddle with anything! Just plugged it in, patted it on its little head, sent it on its merry m-lock way! :) On another note, the 'treat' also has a positive effect on the M/T beam, as you may have noticed. That's just so :cool:!!!!!! :P
Commander
INKED MICHAEL
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by INKED MICHAEL »

Glad it Fit Well MY FRIEND! As For the "TREAT" I'm posting A Couple PICS here. I Also Took You Advise and RE-DID MY "SHIELD STRENGTH INDICATORS".

If You want the M/T Beam Back the Way it Was Just Remove the File I Sent you for the "environments" FOLDER.

You can STILL MOD The File in Your "ships" Folder but It will ALWAYS REMAIN the GAME COLOR of the BEAM You're Using. eg: FUSION LASER-BLUE. Also You will Need to Keep the BEAM the SAME SIZE as In The IMAGE as The GAME Places an "EFFECT" Around It.

As You Can See I Tried Out a Couple BEAM MODS Tonight.;)

You can Also MOD your CANNON FIRE. Let Me Know if You're Interested and I'll send You a FILE for a "TEMPLATE". You will Need to Use a SUITABLE COLOR for Each CANNON as the GAME provides DIFFERENT COLORED LIGHTING for EACH CANNON.

<
<
<
<
<
<
<

[Edited on 8-18-2013 by INKED MICHAEL]

\"LETS ROCK\"

Busch
Captain
Captain

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by Busch »

I am extremely pleased with the artwork you've sent along. I do not feel compelled to 'gild the lily' any further. The movement of the shield strength indicators appears better. For my use (and what passes for 'taste'), less is mo bettah. I'll keep and use what you've sent. Thank you so much! I've got arced green-yellow-red shield strength indicators that fade out, which are 'fitted out' along the interior rim of the b2gun/b2gun2 reticles. These assist in keeping my targeting/view aspect a touch more free of distractions/obstructions. Sure, you betcha, I'll test-fly the cannon treat too! I think I'll keep the beam modifier in place, leaving well enough alone. And, I do like the m-lock indicator just as you have built it. Sort of a neat trick! The targeting/navigation aid center-most of the b2gun2 - is this mil-spec or something you've done on your own ? Either way, it's a useful tool. I like how all three 'boxes' line up true heading, once clear of a gravity well. Well done indeed! Coolness exponential!
Commander
INKED MICHAEL
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by INKED MICHAEL »

I Know what You Mean MY FRIEND. As You can See in the Progression of "b2gun2" Files I've been Using I'm Back to the BASICS (Well.....Almost. lol.)

I'd like to Take a Gander at You "b2shieldX" Files. Any Chance you Can EMAIL them to Me?

The SIGHT LINES (LIGHT BLUE) I've Place in My MDTS CIRCLE are from a M-70 SNIPER SCOPE. The RECTICLE ITSELF is MINE. The BOTTOM SIGHT LINE should Be NUMBERED in 2 DEGREE INCRIMENTS but I Didn't Do That with THIS ONE.

BTW. BOTH Screen Pics of the BEAM WEAPONS are CUSTOM FUSION LASERS.

Glad You Like My "CREATION". :) Just Let Me Know if you EVER NEED or WANT Something.

[Edited on 8-18-2013 by INKED MICHAEL]

\"LETS ROCK\"

Busch
Captain
Captain

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by Busch »

Just got back from doing a laying on of hands on my sisters computer. I'll dash off those shield indicators soonest. :)
Commander
Busch
Captain
Captain

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by Busch »

Shot out (pkg. OTW) ;)
Commander
INKED MICHAEL
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by INKED MICHAEL »

RECIEVED. lol

\"LETS ROCK\"

Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by Marvin »

From post: 163945, Topic: tid=10875, author=Busch wrote:Just got back from doing a laying on of hands on my sisters computer. :)
:cool: Is that anything like the laying on of the five-iron?
Busch
Captain
Captain

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by Busch »

Real close, Marv. :) Only, minus the repeated high velocity impacts. ;)
Commander
Busch
Captain
Captain

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by Busch »

Resolved the heat.png/heatshadow.png 'issue'. Found a black.png and a white.png, both sized 5 kb, and renamed and inserted as appropriate. The heat bar itself still deploys, per usual. But now its a mere bauble, as opposed to being a blinder at odd moments. :cool::cool: :)
Commander
INKED MICHAEL
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by INKED MICHAEL »

BUSCH. Add a 64x64 "BLACK SQUARE". Name in "hud7" (.png) and it will BLOCK THE HEAT BAR.

\"LETS ROCK\"

Busch
Captain
Captain

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by Busch »

I'm going to leave well enough alone on that one, my friend. But, thanks for the info. I like how I can still read my own heat debt as a red fading bar across the top of the current MDTS/Modal light bulbs. :cool::cool: It was solely the "heat" indices boxes above the b2gun2 reticle I sought to remove. And have apparently done so quite famously! (As related above.) :cool::P :cool::P As a result, I've a much cleaner HUD main in 3rd person/chase view. (I may post a screenie later, as I am disposed. Wanna make sure of optimum presentation/location, and ships' appointments.) ;) From one of your posts, this b2gun2 and accoutrement, is/are not for everyone. I will say that there are several redundancies addressed/reduced. At least for veteran pilots, and those pilots who are more comfortable with less 'stuff up-front'. I haven't flown cock-pit mode since the very early days of Legends/tail end of Renegades/Arvoch Conflict time frame. And, I've always been in search of the means to make/keep clear my over-all field of view. This mod and the associative buttons and eye-candy helps with that rather pointedly, and pleasantly. You do good work Michael! :cool::cool: ;)
Commander
INKED MICHAEL
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by INKED MICHAEL »

UNDERSTOOD and THANKS My Friend. I ONLY FLY COCKPIT in SP. I Use the "PERCH" for PvP.

I Don't think I could call the "PERCH" a "COCKPIT" as More of an "Assembly" Of Needed Visual Functions.

I JUST CAN'T FLY without SOMETHING. lol. 3rd Person View feels so "DETACHED".

\"LETS ROCK\"

Busch
Captain
Captain

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by Busch »

Roger - Copy! 3rd/chase lets me see my ship/flight attitude. Without that facility, I become disoriented rather quickly. No good thing in combat, or 'regular' flight status. :) And another reason for me to create as wide and clear a field of view as I can make possible, game settings acknowledged and dealt with when possible with a mod or two. ;)
Commander
INKED MICHAEL
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by INKED MICHAEL »

Well.....Couldn't Leave the "b2gun2" I had so "Basic" alone. lol. ;) I've Added a TARGETING GRID to the MDTS CIRCLE.

PURELY ASTETIC! :). I've also Changed My "mi2" File and Made the MISSILE FIRE look like "STARBURSTS". I'll tell you This....They look EXTREMELY COOL WHEN YOU SEE THEIR TRAIL!!. lol.

Popped a Couple RADAR SCREENS into My COCKPIT But I just Noticed YOU CAN'T SEE THEM. (They're on EACH SIDE of the COCKPIT. lol.) But I think I'll go Back to the THUMB SCANNER.

[Edited on 8-20-2013 by INKED MICHAEL]

\"LETS ROCK\"

Busch
Captain
Captain

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by Busch »

As threatened, here's a screenie to show my presentation of the work you've done so well. :cool::cool: :)

3rd person chase view minus ship, and showing the heat bar minus bracketing.

* Would be interested to see your new mi2 file. :)
Commander
INKED MICHAEL
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by INKED MICHAEL »

Looks GREAT MY FRIEND:)...just NOT FOR ME! lol.:).

I Need more "SUBSTANCE". Something.........even the "PERCH" Surrounding ME or I Feel "BARE" and "DETACHED" But I Can See how USEFULL Your SET-UP IS. NOTHING to BLOCK YOUR VIEW. If I Was Able I THINK I'd Use Your CONFIGURATION.

"mi2" File is On It's Way.;)

\"LETS ROCK\"

Busch
Captain
Captain

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by Busch »

Well...Then here's one: 3rd pers./chase with ship deployed - going from one populous place to another! :)

Jump Gate transit, Atlas Minor to Cerulean Prime.

This is the view most all of my competitors, and some of my antagonists see. That is, when it isn't the pointy end with beams and cannons gloriously aflame! ;)

*Almost forgot! The starburst/pinwheel mi2 mod works righteously with the fireball exhaust mod! Both going and coming and circling around!!!!! :cool::cool: hehehe

[Edited on 8-21-2013 by Busch]
Commander
INKED MICHAEL
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by INKED MICHAEL »

VERYNICE MY FRIEND!!! :). Glad You like the MISSILE. Was just in TAL getting the NAVY Pissed at Me like I Did in CER. lol.

Always FUN Taking on a Dozen or So FIGHTERS.

I Can LIVE WITHOUT THE CAP SHIPS THOUGH. Need to do Some FANCY FLYING to Keep away from the HANDFUL That Show up in CER.;)

\"LETS ROCK\"

INKED MICHAEL
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by INKED MICHAEL »

Haven't Posted in a While so Here is My CURRENT "b2gun2". Pretty Simple but Functional.

<
<
<
<
Using a New "mi2" File for MISSILES. Pretty Cool If I Say so MYSELF! lol.

<
<
<
<
<
<
Doing in a Few REDS in TALISON. I've got the NAVY PISSED AT ME IN TAL, OLY and CER. lol.

\"LETS ROCK\"

INKED MICHAEL
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by INKED MICHAEL »

I've Gone ahead and MODDED MY "b2gun2" File with This OPAQUE HUD CIRCLE. It's GREAT. You Can See Through It but it Still Defines the MDTS CIRCLE.

I've MODDED MY BEAMS and MISSILES as WELL. The BEAM is a "CUSTOM FUSION", the MISSILE IS A "ROCKEYE".

THIS WILL BE MY "DEFAULT" HUD. I Also MODDED MY SCREENS and COMPASS BAR TO MATCH. Nice and Clean.

The Other PIC shows Me in OLY with ONE MISSILE and 10+ REDS. lol. When You Get the NAVY PISSED AT YOU IN OLY THEY THROW MULTIPLE CAP SHIPS AT YOU. More than either TAL or CER. (I've Got the Navy PISSED AT ME IN THESE SYSTEMS AS WELL. lol.) So I Jump from SYSTEM TO SYSTEM KILLING NAVY FIGHTERS. NO CHANCE I'll take Out a CAP SHIP with THIS MANY FIGHTER ON ME.

NEW HUD/COCKPIT
<
<
<
<
<
<
NEW MISSILE/BEAMS
<
<
<
<
<
<
ONE MISSILE..........10REDS!

[Edited on 9-15-2013 by INKED MICHAEL]

\"LETS ROCK\"

INKED MICHAEL
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

INKED MIKES b2gun2 MODS

Post by INKED MICHAEL »

I Went Ahead and REDID My "OPAQUE" "b2gun2" in GREY rather than BLUE, added some "BLING" and Matched My COCKPIT SCREENS/COMPASS BAR to the HUD.

I ALSO MODDED My MISSILES. "CHERRY FIRE". RED Halo, ORANGE Body and YELLOW Centre Exhaust. They Look FANTASTIC when Fired, far Better than the PICS I've Posted.

Again, MODED MY BEAMS to THIN BEAMS of LT BLUE LIGHT.

I Moved My ANTI-ALIASING to 8X and I Get OUTSTANDING IMAGES as You Can See in My "KILL" PIC.

NEW HUD/COCKPIT
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
NEW MISSILES
<
<