Ship building

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Serisno
Ensign
Ensign

Ship building

Post by Serisno »

I'm glad to bring some seemingly new knowledge to the table.

So I've heard a lot of people talk about IDS multipliers. I see the IDS x 1 readout on my HUD, but I have not yet figured out how to increase that multiplier. Is it an item that increases my multiplier, or am I just missing a hotkey?
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Ship building

Post by Marvin »

:cool: I think you're missing the irony. ;)
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Ship building

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 105987, Topic: tid=7498, author=Serisno wrote:
Maarschalk, I noticed your mood there... would you by chance happen to live in Philadelphia?

On a side note: I will never admit to being a part of this conversation. A discussion on the theoretical difference of acceleration of ships with unknown masses being propelled through space by different engine's with varying mass and force output.... Its almost, almost, as bad as the Star Trek nerds who argue all day during lunch in the cube next to me trying to justify Star Trek physics.
That is why in the first place I wanted to keep it relatively simple....LOL...:P:P:P:P:P

And no, I do not live in Philadelphia, I'm not from Philadelphia, I have never been to Philadelphia, the only thing relatively connects me to Philadelphia is probably some far away relatives. I'm originally from the Dutch Antilles, Lived in Holland(Netherlands) for 11 years and live now in Massachusetts...........You had to ask didn't you?....;):P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Ship building

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 106011, Topic: tid=7498, author=Serisno wrote:I'm glad to bring some seemingly new knowledge to the table.

So I've heard a lot of people talk about IDS multipliers. I see the IDS x 1 readout on my HUD, but I have not yet figured out how to increase that multiplier. Is it an item that increases my multiplier, or am I just missing a hotkey?
You have to asign a Key on page 3 of Key assignments in the Games settup for the Multiplier to work. The default has no Key assignment......;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Serisno
Ensign
Ensign

Ship building

Post by Serisno »

From post: 106016, Topic: tid=7498, author=Marvin wrote::cool: I think you're missing the irony. ;)
I never was good at ironing. I leave that to women.
Serisno
Ensign
Ensign

Ship building

Post by Serisno »

From post: 106022, Topic: tid=7498, author=Maarschalk wrote:
From post: 106011, Topic: tid=7498, author=Serisno wrote:I'm glad to bring some seemingly new knowledge to the table.

You have to asign a Key on page 3 of Key assignments in the Games settup for the Multiplier to work. The default has no Key assignment......;):cool:
This sounds useful. Is there a drawback to increasing the ids multiplier? It seems that having it at x5 at all times would be best...

Perhaps fuel consumption is higher with a higher ids multiplier?
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Ship building

Post by SeeJay »

You will easily "overshoot" targets if you come in to "hot".
Also burning up in atmosphere is likely to happen if you have it on x5.

When doing races, it's easy to "fall off" the track if setting is to high.

I adjust the IDS multiplier depending on the situation. Running around in open space it's
set to x5.
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Rui
Ensign
Ensign

Ship building

Post by Rui »

Yep IDS multiplier increases your top speed, everything else stays the same: accel, etc etc. I didnt do anything indepth on fuel consumption.

Up untill recently I used to keep it on x3 for combat, but basically as high as you like. If your speed is too high on intercept then u can overshoot your targets, but there is no proper drawback, I mean you can always slow down after all ;)

Hotkey assignment is on page 3 of controls. I tend to set it to + and - because that puts it near my shield and weapon energy assignment keys, those are the ones I dont have mapped to stick and that I use most often.
Ophiuchus
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Ship building

Post by Ophiuchus »

Rui, welcome aboard. :)
Might want to rethink your + and - binding intentions, as they are currently keyboard/num pad game default clan link (-), and (+) disable clan link settings. If that's important to your planning. Not saying what you propose won't work or anything like that. But, as some things are scaleable in-game, including controls, mods, and etc., what ever works for you pretty much rules !
:D

Ophi
Malix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Ship building

Post by Malix »

My two-cents:

I bound keys as follows:
1 = IDS down
2 = IDS up

reasoning: I mainly use the number keys for mid-high range of speeds, the lower end of the spectrum can be handled nicely with mousewheel.

also contemplating on binding complete halt (or whatever it was called) from backspace to the button left of 1 (varies between keyboard layouts, its §/½ on mine).
Evochron Mercenaries rank: newbie
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Ship building

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 106037, Topic: tid=7498, author=Serisno wrote:
From post: 106016, Topic: tid=7498, author=Marvin wrote::cool: I think you're missing the irony. ;)
I never was good at ironing. I leave that to women.
I'm good at Irony and Ironing I hate both so I to leave it to women unless I really, really, really relatively have to do it...;):P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats: