Red spawning problem in MP?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Jack Dandy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jack Dandy »

Maybe it's just me, but I've noticed that red spawns don't occure as much in MP as they do in SP.
Far less, really.
Is it supposed to be that way?

Also- general AI complaint time! Can the enemies somehow be configured to fly at over 1100 Velocity? I can outrun them without even trying! :D
Rush
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rush »

Vonari and "advanced" enemies fly at that speed already, but it's still not enough ;)

Actually, i think the AI should be improved in some way, maybe with different levels of "skill": rookie in the central systems, "aces" in warzones, Pearl and such, to give us a better challenge :cool:

Universe Explorers Clan
[UE]Rush
Jack Dandy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jack Dandy »

Yeah. Even the "Ace" enemies always keep that speed, I hardly notice them. :P
Avenger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Avenger »

Mostly because of the ADS multiplier things seem a tad too easy, you can even fly 6x faster then the fastest missile.
Galaxy Defense Force Operator
Join the GDF!
Jack Dandy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jack Dandy »

I just achieve those speeds with the afterburner.

Would be cool to see more "brave" AI enemies, but it's probably tough to program them to go faster, what with the inertia system and all. They'd probably go and fling themselves into nearby suns.

Still, crossing my fingers from some more challenging AI!
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

oops - we're heading back to the "I find it too easy, so please make it harder for everyone" view, explored in recent threads. If IDS multiplier makes you too fast then don't use it - then AI will be able to catch you and the missiles will overhaul you. I fight when I have to as I go around my everyday activities - trade & exploring. I don't want to have to fight harder, thank you. It's enough to be in the middle of absolutely nowhere, and hostiles pop up to say "goodbye!"

I like the idea of AI skills reflecting the system so that combat dedicated pilots still get a thrill. Explorers like me will just have to watch our tail! :P
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

ps - do reds spawn less often in MP? It would make MP more attractive for solo as less as combined ops! ;):)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Avenger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Avenger »

From post: 107460, Topic: tid=7592, author=Jack Dandy wrote:I just achieve those speeds with the afterburner.
Yes, you can do that too.........if you love wasting tons of fuel.

Using the IDS Multiplier is the more controlled way to boost your speed.
Galaxy Defense Force Operator
Join the GDF!
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 107496, Topic: tid=7592, author=DaveK wrote:ps - do reds spawn less often in MP? It would make MP more attractive for solo as less as combined ops! ;):)
:cool: Having been forced into SP until I get the upgrade running properly, I must admit it sure seems like it. Except, of course, you never need worry about another player entering your sector, causing an immediate spawn of numerous Reds.