Pvp Tournament

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
MiaZ
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Pvp Tournament

Post by MiaZ »

From post: 145509, Topic: tid=9764, author=Marvin wrote:
From post: 145505, Topic: tid=9764, author=Nubarus wrote:I have yet to see actual team vs team fights here though, all I seen so far is "Do you want to duel?" Does it ever get beyond that stage or is it just going to stay Dual Player with Multi Chat instead of Multi Player?
:o This is more a problem with the players than with the game. All the necessary elements are there ... you just need somebody to organize team combat. But, for some reason, people resist the idea of combining individual clans to form groups large enough to make for a really interesting combat session. ('Though I would not suggest splitting a clan and spreading its members around to fight each other.)

I do kind of agree with you Nubarus but honestly, I am starting to get a little annoyed at your negativity about it.
Marvin is right I believe, that it is more a problem with the players than with the game.
All the necessary elements are already there.
It only needs to be arranged, then team battles could happen more often, but the players have to make it happen.

Mercenary is more then just a pvp game.
Being able to do go free in the universe and still be online with
others to chat is great. There has never been a problem playing coop missions either.

I do agree though, for the most part without people organizing things, team v team gameplay is just not happening in EM. : (

Sometime I wonder why no one plays AA for team battles.
It's hard coded in the game there for MP team battles, not just co-op or deathmatch.
I was late on the scene with AA so I dont actually know what multi play is like in that game though.
Letoras
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Pvp Tournament

Post by Letoras »

I have ]x[ tag on my name, that means "if you like shoot".....

(for the "would you like to fight" thing)
Surf Solar.
Kikoni
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Pvp Tournament

Post by Kikoni »

From post: 145492, Topic: tid=9764, author=Star King wrote:Dear K,

I hate to burst your bubble but there is very high level PvP played almost everynight.
To make a comment like that means you are either target practice or you never fought a good pilot. Come to SP6 and we will train you to fight.
Some of our PvP battles go for almost an hour. Some a few minutes depending on your stratagy.
This game is a cross between Star Trek and Star Wars.
Star King, I also hate to burst *your* bubble, but I've played in the jousts quite a lot. If you don't believe me, ask KingArthur. I pvp under my second callsign, [LL]Talus. I know what I'm talking about, and I never questioned the fact that high-level PvP existed. It just really isn't what it should be.

Next time you choose to reply to one of my posts, please excuse yourself from making wild assumptions.
Thank you.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
\"For there will come a day, the sky no longer blue,
When man will waste away, having nothing to do.
They will look up so sombre at the stars in black:
Everything that they conquered and everything that they lack.\"
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Pvp Tournament

Post by Marvin »

From post: 145566, Topic: tid=9764, author=-splosives- wrote:The PvP is only a small aspect of this game, so it's probably never going to be as complex as in other games where PvP is more focused on (games like guildwars or starcraft) or the only thing you can do (team fortress, counterstrike, DOTA).
:cool: Spot on. I've played many games where Team vs Team was the objective ... starting with Combat Flight Sim on the Zone. But the main reason was because you really had nothing else to do ... except maybe a bit of FFA as warm-up. Combat between two sides was the objective of MP. If you wanted to actually fight WWII, you did it in single-player. Not so with Mercenary. This game offers more and, therefore, isn't as focused on combat between players.
HawkEye11
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Pvp Tournament

Post by HawkEye11 »

I am all for a PvP Tournament!!!I think it should be well known amongst all, who the best dogfighter is!
And its about time!!!! People should know these things!!!

P.S. There are no 1 or 2 ships best for pvp combat all military frames and most civie frames do just fine in combat. If you dont believe me..Well. :D Chanllenge me to a pvp, ill fight you in any military frame you wish, or any select civie frame ( havnt really tried pvp in the very low tier civie frames not enough equipment space) Also you may make your choice of weapon for me to use: Flare-beam/Fusion Icespear/Fusion Maxim-R/Coil or Fusion. Then get 2 wingmates to join you on TeamSpeak! Ill take you all out in a 1v3!!! This game is great because its not about who got lucky and picked the right setup. Though there may be an advantage for choosing wichever weapon/ship, yes some things do better than others, but experience tells me that: its a hill of beans. All the ships are good, each with their own flavor and tact for usage. Each with their own advantages and disadvantages. A pilot can be sucessfull in most of, if not all of the ships and in PvP. I do agree that some weapons are useless(in pvp or otherwise) and most sub optimal compared to Flarebeam, Icespear, Maxim-R when used in pvp. But I can understand why: Range is King, and there are not many guns to choose from with 700 + range. This will change with the soon upcomming expansion.
Some rookies are experienced vetrans in weeks, some in months. In this game a person is allowed to keep getting better and better, more and more sophisticated. All it takes is practice and patience. They are allowed to squeeze as much of their skill as they can into the game, and on the opposite side of the coin: free to make lots of mistakes. Its kept me around for quite a while. And I definitly fly better than I did last week. There is alot more to the mechanics of pvp than simply what ship you fly or what gun you use. Alot more, and its the knowledge of these game mechanics and the ability to play accordingly; this is what makes the difference in combat. But that is the subject of another thread.
P.S.S Lets hurry up with that Tournament already!

[Edited on 9-27-2012 by HawkEye11]
-splosives-
Captain
Captain

Pvp Tournament

Post by -splosives- »

Well said, commander.
I wanted to say something similar, but I think it's more appropriate for you to say because everybody knows you're the best!
(I'm just the slightly less competent second in command that beats you every now and then :P)
SplosivesCorp: Bringing people closer to destruction.