Pvp Tournament

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Spencer
Ensign
Ensign

Pvp Tournament

Post by Spencer »

Hello, this is Spencer. I am new to the forum, but not to the game. I fly a Wraith, and am decent at pvp. But enough of that boring info about myself.

I am looking to start a pvp tournament, to determine the ultimate pilot. However, I lack the hardware to host a server 24/7, so I would like permission for it to take place on Galactica 1, because that server is awesome:).

Also, I would like there to be a thoroughly ridiculous prize in credits. Any suggestions on how large it should be? I have no problem getting almost any amount of credits, but I want to know what is reasonable, so I can go beyond it. There will be no entry fee, I will supply the prize.

Please post below if you are interested in participating or helping organize.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Pvp Tournament

Post by Maarschalk »

Setting a huge amount for the prize is not a problem since some players have already over a 100 billion in game credits. The prize for the first to be able to land on earth contest was 10 billion credits. The problem starts with transferring the credits to the winner! You can only transfer 99,999,990 credits at a time. So to transfer 10 billion credits the person had to transfer this amount one hundred one times, for 100 billion credits prize money this would be more around a thousand transfers!.....;):P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Spencer
Ensign
Ensign

Pvp Tournament

Post by Spencer »

Thanks, I forgot about that. Would you be interested in competing?
Flash
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Pvp Tournament

Post by Flash »

I really don't think you have to offer any reward. Just the prestige of being the champion is enough for me and many others... I'm in

Spencer
Ensign
Ensign

Pvp Tournament

Post by Spencer »

Glad to know that. I will gladly keep the prize lol :D
Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

Pvp Tournament

Post by Capt_Caveman »

I'll join in we need MORE organized events like this
Letoras
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Pvp Tournament

Post by Letoras »

Count me in amigo for pvp..........always a pleasure.
Surf Solar.
Star King
Commander
Commander

Pvp Tournament

Post by Star King »

Really no prize money is necessary. Just go to Starport 6 around 8pm CDT go to and the best PvP fighters in the game play every night. We have a PvP Arena in Saphire at -1 0 4.
Really good people who will help you with tips as you lose game after game.
Hawkeye, Rubber Chicken, Flash, King Arthur, Captain Cronic, Sundalo, Maximus, splosives, Poly and myself battle almost every night (for hours) during the week and weekends.
Everyone of us who participates in our nightly jousts win or lose loves the competition. You can join us on TS as well.
This what I think people want is the unique dog fighting that this game offers.

[Edited on 12-25-2008 by Star King]

[Edited on 12-25-2008 by Star King]
Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

Pvp Tournament

Post by Capt_Caveman »

how about large scale group/team combat ?
not clan battles but general team A vs B sort of thing.
there's capture the flag, tag, land and scramble, etc. there are many possibilities.
what we need is someone willing to organize and schedule such
events. (a hard thing to do sometimes) seejay (iirc) tried but it died out
too soon.

i cant be the only one who would welcome this, thoughts anyone ?
sundalo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Pvp Tournament

Post by sundalo »

From post: 144383, Topic: tid=9764, author=capt_cronic wrote:how about large scale group/team combat ?
not clan battles but general team A vs B sort of thing.
there's capture the flag, tag, land and scramble, etc. there are many possibilities.
what we need is someone willing to organize and schedule such
events. (a hard thing to do sometimes) seejay (iirc) tried but it died out
too soon.

i cant be the only one who would welcome this, thoughts anyone ?
This, I'm glad Cronic brought up group battles since most pvp battles involve one on one duels and rarely most pilots participate in team fights.
\"There\'s a war going on out there, and it ain\'t easy!\"

\"All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again.\"
Spencer
Ensign
Ensign

Pvp Tournament

Post by Spencer »

Yes, but the point of this would be to determine the ultimate pilot. Multiple divisions maybe?
-splosives-
Captain
Captain

Pvp Tournament

Post by -splosives- »

There is no ultimate pilot if you only do 1v1. Some people might rule in 1v1, but have never practiced formation flying, so they will underperform in 2v2 or more.
Also last man standing is an entirely different story.
SplosivesCorp: Bringing people closer to destruction.
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Pvp Tournament

Post by SeeJay »

Competitions are great fun.

Me and others have set them up before.

Here is what I have experienced:
- One problem that makes it hard for many participants is that we all live in different timezones.
- I had a competition set up like a tournament where all pilots faced each other in 2 groups, followed by finals.
That only got half way since all matches had to be set up by the fighters. It was canceled eventually.
- Last man standing, Cave fighting and Races are much easier since they are done at 1 session only.
- Marvin set up a Race that was using the Quest feature. We all had to follow the Quest instructions that Marvin created
and get answers to pre-asked questions. First one reaching the destination with the correct answers won.
A twist to that one could be that fighting is involved somehow.

As others said above. Fights are very different for different scenarios, so to determine the best overall pilot
has to include many aspects of fighting and also navigation.

Anyway, that is just my 2 cents to help you out a bit. It is great fun with competitions.

I will participate if the time works for me (Sweden) and that RL allows it.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask if you need any help.
/SeeJay
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Nubarus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Pvp Tournament

Post by Nubarus »

1 on 1 is boring if you ask me, team vs team is where actual tactics come into play, 1 on 1 with 2 pretty much equal pilots is who get's distracted first or is the most tired of the 2 what will decide the outcome of the fight, that and a little bit of lag/luck.

Oh and then there is the who brings what weapons/equipment, this results into a paper, rock scissors thing.

The lack of actual team vs team (minimal 4 vs 4 in my view) is one of the reasons why MP got too boring for me in the first place.
When I actually started to fall asleep during playing made me realize it's time for something new.
-splosives-
Captain
Captain

Pvp Tournament

Post by -splosives- »

From post: 144539, Topic: tid=9764, author=Nubarus wrote:1 on 1 with 2 pretty much equal pilots is who get's distracted first or is the most tired of the 2 what will decide the outcome of the fight, that and a little bit of lag/luck.
This is sometimes the case, but often times, one pilot has better skills, and can kill another repeatedly.
Lag can be an issue, but if you know what you're doing, you can use your skills to make up for someone's lag advantage.

From post: 144539, Topic: tid=9764, author=Nubarus wrote: Oh and then there is the who brings what weapons/equipment, this results into a paper, rock scissors thing.
The fact that you say this means you haven't really done any high level PvP yet. Because currently it's rock scissors scissors. Only one perfect setup: Flarebeam/fusion. All other setups are inferior.
Nubarus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Pvp Tournament

Post by Nubarus »

Sorry dude, there is no high level PvP in this game.

The fact that only 1 setup is the way to win shows the lack of high level anything really, it only adds to the boring factor if you ask me.

When I was involved in Freespace 2 Squadwar a big part of the tactics was to find a good ships/weapons setup to throw the other team off their game and find new tactics to crush the enemy.

Here it's pretty 1 or maybe 2 different ships and 1 weapons setup to play "high level" PvP..........................so basicly fiddeling with ships/weapons, what should be a big factor in actual PvP is removed due to lack if diversity in the ships and equipment.

[Edited on 9-6-2012 by Nubarus]
-splosives-
Captain
Captain

Pvp Tournament

Post by -splosives- »

You can fight me anytime, I'll show you what high level is.
The fact that you don't even realize that there is high level PvP means you have almost no experience with it whatsoever.
it's not about the guns, it's about tactics.
Don't judge something you know nothing about.
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Pvp Tournament

Post by SeeJay »

From post: 144542, Topic: tid=9764, author=-splosives- wrote:You can fight me anytime, I'll show you what high level is.
The fact that you don't even realize that there is high level PvP means you have almost no experience with it whatsoever.
it's not about the guns, it's about tactics.
Don't judge something you know nothing about.
With all do respect splosives.

He does know what he is talking about. He has flown for years and is a very good fighter.

-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Nubarus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Pvp Tournament

Post by Nubarus »

I know plenty about it splosives, hence why I moved on since actual tactical team combat has never happend here and from the looks of it will never happen either.

Real tactical MP combat is not 1 on 1 duels with only 1 setup at your disposal, I will say it again, that is not high level MP at all.

The "MP" says it already, "Multiplayer" but in reality EM MP means "Dualplayer" since it has never gone beyond duels.
The only time something is done as a team is when a new players asks for help with a contract.
Star King
Commander
Commander

Pvp Tournament

Post by Star King »

SeeJay with all due respect he does not what he talking about. At our PvP Arena we have played 1 on 1 PvP, Team PvP and last man standing contests. We have learned that a player with a turret gunner is almost impossible to kill.
King Arthur, Hawkeye, Splosives, Rubber Chicken, Captain Cronic, Siundalo, Flash, Maximus, Machingo and others play a lot of different PvP variations.

Where I do agree with you both although not specifically addressed is:
1. the player limitations at a Star Base or in a quadrant.
2. the server lag caused by too many players
3. Player latency issues
4. the player mystery boots caused by the above.

This game is designed for cooperative missions that limit the number of human players. This game has 441 computer controlled enemies which limit the number human pilots significantly, because the program runs, records each AI like an individual human pilot.
I love this game but what is needed is a dedicated PvP server option and like most space or flight games have. First clan or person to reach 10 kills is champion and the game ends giving the kill total of all the players on a list before the next game starts, without any computer generated enemies (this frees program resources up significantly.
Again this is written from experiencing PvP everynight with these great pilots. I mean no disrespect to anyone. Please come and joust with us and you will see.
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Pvp Tournament

Post by SeeJay »

So, just because we are not in your
in the middle of the night PvP we don't
know what we talk about. Well , we both
have hundreds of PvP hrs in addition
to thousands of flight hrs, but that might not
count?

I to would rather see large battles in MP.
That might even draw more people
out there.

-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Pvp Tournament

Post by Marvin »

I agree with SeeJay as to having big battles. But both the game and the players place restrictions on game play which make it unlikely it will ever happen. Except with the expansion ... which might solve at least one problem: lag. The other problem: players insisting on maintaining more individual clans than Italy has political parties. The result of which means fragmented tit-for-tat and arguements over who attacked who's territory when who was off line.
Letoras
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Pvp Tournament

Post by Letoras »

Team battles would be great but i don't know if it is possible.
The other day i was doing pvp and the opponent took a gunner on his ship and the lag was huge!!!!!!!!!!

If this can be fixed then battling in teams would be fantastic!!!
Surf Solar.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Pvp Tournament

Post by Marvin »

:cool: I do believe Vice is working on it. Big time.
Letoras
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Pvp Tournament

Post by Letoras »

From post: 144575, Topic: tid=9764, author=Marvin wrote::cool: I do believe Vice is working on it. Big time.
This is very interestin news......:cool::cool::cool:
Surf Solar.