Dynamic Campaign possible?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
Xanix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Xanix »

Hello. I've bought every "Evochron" release. I really like this kind of space sims!
Since Origin's Wing Commander Privateer, I didn't found, until now, a really good evolution. The Newtonian physics are a must!

Watt I really appreciate on this games, is the freedom to do/go watt/where you want to.

This week, I've bought, also, Arvoch Alliance. the feel and controls are very similar, so, It was very easy to start enjoying it. This is very fun to play, also.

The 30 missions only, is a limiting aspect I really don't appreciate. The missions are very well done, but, when I end them all, I will not want to play them, over and over again!

Is it possible to add some kind of dynamic campaign as on Falcon 4, so, you can plan the mission type, ships, weapons,… you're performance on the mission could influence the situation of the war and the next missions!
Starshatter space sim, as, somehow done it. Is it doable? is this a suggestion to consider?!?

About Evochron. Can you consider to add a landing gear to the space ships to let us land on a planet. Add a rover, so, the player could come out of the space ship and move around; exploring, mining, admire the view, … then, go back inside the ship, take off and continue the adventure in space.

Well, thank you to give us this great, great, space sim games!

Best regards,

Xanix
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Xanix, You can create custom missions in Arvoch Aliance with the mission editor!
And for the Planet Landing in Evochron Mercenary you can land just turn IDS of and your ship will auto land on the planets surface.
The Idea of leaving your ship in a Walker suit or something similar is in the works for an Expansion pack to EM.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 128929, Topic: tid=8800, author=Xanix wrote:Is it possible to add some kind of dynamic campaign as on Falcon 4, so, you can plan the mission type, ships, weapons,… you're performance on the mission could influence the situation of the war and the next missions!
Starshatter space sim, as, somehow done it. Is it doable?
:cool: Starshatter's mission editor was similar to AA's ... except AA isn't buggy. It gives you the option for branching (the follow-on missions depend on whether or not you succeeded in completing the current mission). But the game, itself, isn't dynamic in the sense new missions are automatically generated each time you dock with the carrier. Nonetheless, the AA mission editor has plenty of options for creating a whole new campaign.
Nemesis
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Nemesis »

Cool to hear that branched campaigns are eventually possible. But how can I do that?
There will come a day, when those, who are Vonari, strengthen their claws to join the hunt.
We are Vonari. Ours is the prey, ours is the honor.
Our enemies shall shiver at the sound of our voice, when we take revenge on those who tried to crush us at the dawn of our race.
-Vonarian Warrior-Oath-
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Download the Mission Editor. Maybe DL the walk-thru (ReadMe) too ... it helps explain how to use the branching option.
Nemesis
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Nemesis »

The ReadMe states:
From post: 130673, Topic: tid=8800, author=ReadMe wrote:The first mission of a custom campaign must use the filename 'missionc1.arv' (or 'missionc1.txt' if you want to use text files). You can then branch out the filenames for winning and losing paths as desired using whatever naming structure you prefer.
The question is: How do I have to name the files for different paths?
There will come a day, when those, who are Vonari, strengthen their claws to join the hunt.
We are Vonari. Ours is the prey, ours is the honor.
Our enemies shall shiver at the sound of our voice, when we take revenge on those who tried to crush us at the dawn of our race.
-Vonarian Warrior-Oath-
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Post by Dingo »

You can create a dynamic campaign. I am working slowing on one since beta. Name the files whatever you like, just pay attention to the options for "if mission fails" and set a path to whatever file you want. Its best to map these things out ahead of time though, since i am having to rework a lot of things, blast it all. :D
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 130719, Topic: tid=8800, author=Nemesis wrote:The question is: How do I have to name the files for different paths?
:cool: You must give each mission a unique name. Not counting the first mission (which must be called either 'missionc1.arv' or 'missionc1.txt'), you can use any name you like. For example, you can call one branching set 'success_msn1.arv' and 'fail_msn1.arv' ... then input those filenames into the mission editor as directed:
Mission Complete. Unless this is the end of your campaign, you will need to manually enter the filename for the next mission in either or both "Next Mission" fields.

Click on the "Next Mission (Suceed)" option and manually enter the name of the next mission should the player succeed in completing the current objective.

Click on the "Next Mission (Fail)" option if you indend to offer a different mission should the player fail to complete the objective.
tn_prvteye
Ensign
Ensign

Post by tn_prvteye »

From post: 130739, Topic: tid=8800, author=Dingo wrote:You can create a dynamic campaign. I am working slowing on one since beta. Name the files whatever you like, just pay attention to the options for "if mission fails" and set a path to whatever file you want. Its best to map these things out ahead of time though, since i am having to rework a lot of things, blast it all. :D
Sorry to bring up a old thread, but I just saw this. Are you still working on a Dynamic Campaign? That would truly rock!